Brian McGrattan’s Top Five

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Pretty good list. McGrattan is actually becoming more than just a goon, the guy played 76 games this season for Calgary and was a good 4th liner

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think Orr is too high on that list. I'd say

1. Patrick Bordeleau/Luke Gazdic
2. Patrick Bordelau/Luke Gazdic
3. Jay Rosehill
4. Eric Boulton
5. Matt Carkner

HM: Colton Orr, Anthony Peluso and Matt Kassian

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Erskine beat the **** out of Orr when they fought this season and yet he is 3rd in that list?

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada

3. Jay Rosehill
4. Eric Boulton
5. Matt Carkner

Carkner and Kassian are overrated.

Peluso underrated.

Orr made mince meat out of Carkner.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Carkner and Kassian are overrated.

Peluso underrated.

Orr made mince meat out of Carkner.

While i agree that Kassian is overrated, he rarely loses. He got popped last week, yes. But he only has 2 losses since 2009. Gallant and McLaren being those two losses.

Carkner seems to have come around a bit towards the end of this year.

Orr is a ghost, and has been fairly inactive.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
While i agree that Kassian is overrated, he rarely loses. He got popped last week, yes. But he only has 2 losses since 2009. Gallant and McLaren being those two losses.

Carkner seems to have come around a bit towards the end of this year.

Orr is a ghost, and has been fairly inactive.

"Fighting ability. Wins and losses, or activity, mean **** to me."

:naughty:

sorry just had to as I enjoy his quote.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

3. Jay Rosehill
4. Eric Boulton
5. Matt Carkner

I was surprised to see Carkner on there but not Boulton.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
where does McGratton rank against those fighters?

#1 ;), IMO he's the the champ right now until proven otherwise..

About the list, you guys gotta remember he's only judging it on pure fighting ability (not win/loss, or activity), which is something he'd know plenty about, but solid list nonetheless.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
#1 ;), IMO he's the the champ right now until proven otherwise..

About the list, you guys gotta remember he's only judging it on pure fighting ability (not win/loss, or activity), which is something he'd know plenty about, but solid list nonetheless.

Agreed, until someone knocks him off of his perch he's the mark to beat.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Not a bad list, but these fighter obviously have biases. They have friends in the league and guys they respect and guys they don't. It can explain how one gets mentioned and another doesn't.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Nobody really wants to fight him anymore. He always sticks up for the rookies, which makes him a huge asset to our team.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
McGratt's has never fought Carkner. He has beaten Gazdic and Rosehill, but didn't TKO or KO them and they both stood in there. Had two epic draws with Bordeleau and has had a handful of fights against Orr.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Ya and did well in most fights. Draw or slight edge Lucic vs Gadzic & Rosehill and beat Carkner twice. Lossed to Orr and has yet to fight Bordeleau!

So we are on the same page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EI_JwZpS2A#t=46

You gave that fight as a slight edge to Lucic? Ill give you that Lucic was more active at the start of the fight. Until Gadzic got position and just tagged him with 2 straight to the face that caused Lucic to hang on for the referees, and then throw 1 as the refs came in.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
McGrattan's number one in my eyes, but Gazdic is right under him. Held his own against McGrattan, while fighting so damn good against others.

ObjectiveOpinion

Jan 7, 2013
Yeah, Carkner shouldn't even be sniffing this list. He had a semi revival last year, but Scott pushes him out of the top 5.

McGratton - The guy has been killing it for like 5 years now
Gazdic
Bordeleau
Scott
Sestito - The guy is useless, much like Scott, but he made a huge push last year

If this were 2 years ago, Erskine would be on there because he was beating the piss out of people for such a prolonged time.

Honorable mention to Bouton, Carkner, Rosehill. They're good sometimes, but haven't had sustained periods where they go unbeaton.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
So we are on the same page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EI_JwZpS2A#t=46

You gave that fight as a slight edge to Lucic? Ill give you that Lucic was more active at the start of the fight. Until Gadzic got position and just tagged him with 2 straight to the face that caused Lucic to hang on for the referees, and then throw 1 as the refs came in.
What if Gazdic didn't have a shield to protect him? Maybe Gazdic never even has the chance to "collect" himself. Kinda of a farse that a "goon" in allowed(obliged) to wear a visor....

Good fight. I give Lucic the slight edge.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
What if Gazdic didn't have a shield to protect him? Maybe Gazdic never even has the chance to "collect" himself. Kinda of a farse that a "goon" in allowed(obliged) to wear a visor....

Good fight. I give Lucic the slight edge.

Gazdic doesn't need a visor to fight. Its just mandatory for rookies to wear it. He even tried taking it off during a fight, and the refs broke it up and gave him an extra minor penalty. Him and Lucic were pretty close in that fight, but Gaz landed better shots in my opinion.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Gazdic doesn't need a visor to fight. Its just mandatory for rookies to wear it. He even tried taking it off during a fight, and the refs broke it up and gave him an extra minor penalty. Him and Lucic were pretty close in that fight, but Gaz landed better shots in my opinion.

We're not Pejorative Slured... we know he has to wear the visor. But it's obviously a massive advantage for him to have it on that no other goons have. And stop with the referee BS, they might break it up once every 30 times guys take off their helmets before a fight. That's not the reason Gazdic doesnt drop the helmet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad