Player Discussion Brian Gionta

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Okposo signed here...

..and because we're not enticing, we should make it worse by treating players badly? It can't help that, after they are done playing, a fair number of players are apparently forced to stay in the area...

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
..and because we're not enticing, we should make it worse by treating players badly? It can't help that, after they are done playing, a fair number of players are apparently forced to stay in the area...

Okposo claimed he chose Buffalo after talking with Moulson and Stafford who had great things to say about how they were treated here. Don't jump to conclusions about what I'm saying in regards to the rest of your post, I'm just pointing out that we acquired one of the top forward free agent last offseason so I disagree that Buffalo isn't an enticing place to play

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Okposo claimed he chose Buffalo after talking with Moulson and Stafford who had great things to say about how they were treated here. Don't jump to conclusions about what I'm saying in regards to the rest of your post, I'm just pointing out that we acquired one of the top forward free agent last offseason so I disagree that Buffalo isn't an enticing place to play
I was actually trying (unsuccessfully) to point out that most players seem to like it here, to the point that quite a few make it home when they are done playing...

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Treating respected veteran players like crap is how the team built their miserly, non-destination reputation under Regier.

Exactly. Anything gained in trading him against his wishes is not worth the rep hit created by treating Gionta like that.

I do think you let Gionta drive this given the reality of the roster. They should level with him, i.e. if he wants to stay in Buffalo, they let him go to UFA, and then after the expansion draft, sign here, or explore his options.

Ideally he will want to go to a playoff team as maybe a 13th forward, and Sabres can get something for him (even a 5th or 6th rounder). This would open up the current roster and let them bring up some kids for a test-drive.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

LaxSabre - Well that sucks! - only reason I was going to watch the game - Brian Gionta -
not even playing! Oh well! Go United States! Beat Russia!

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good to see Leggio on the roster. It seems like forever ago talking with his mom about his invite to Sabres Dev Camp.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Don't be silly. Gio wants to stay at home with his family--that's why the Sabres honoured his wishes last year. Right?

Reactions: Dingo44

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
He doesn't deserve a spot in the NHL after his poor Olympic performance, especially on a playoff team. I'd actually be kind of annoyed to see him get another chance when a lot of players who might be better than him at this stage never get one.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
He doesn't deserve a spot in the NHL after his poor Olympic performance, especially on a playoff team. I'd actually be kind of annoyed to see him get another chance when a lot of players who might be better than him at this stage never get one.

I’m not saying you are. I’m saying your take is ... kinda immature :dunno:

I hope Gionta, who by all accounts is a quality guy, a nice guy, a guy most level headed fans would root for, succeeds and wins a cup.
He’s not someone to root against. There’s plenty enough of those in the NHL. Looking at you anyone on the Flyers, Bruins and Leafs :laugh:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Well, apparently he's lined something up.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I’m not saying you are. I’m saying your take is ... kinda immature :dunno:

I hope Gionta, who by all accounts is a quality guy, a nice guy, a guy most level headed fans would root for, succeeds and wins a cup.
He’s not someone to root against. There’s plenty enough of those in the NHL. Looking at you anyone on the Flyers, Bruins and Leafs :laugh:

I never said he wasn't a quality/nice guy, hell I'm technically related to him (although very distantly). There's a lot of guys in the NHL who shouldn't be there imo, hes had his time so let someone else have theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad