Brian Gionta (negotiations w/Habs are underway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Gionta has been talking to other teams since June 25th. He's got some figures of what a UFA offer might look like. I just think he's going to be disappointed once the cards are on the table.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Gionta increasingly looks like one guy who went out and talked to other teams just in order to raise his own value for his next contract. I can deal with a captain with a bit more entitlement.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just the fact that there's constant talks scares me a lot. Gionta was REALLY close with Lamoriello. Really really close. And even Lamoriello let him go through UFA and obviously when Gionta received the offer from Montreal, he wanted to go back to Lou to see what he could do. Why can't Bergevin just do the same? They both love each other? Fine. How about you go tomorrow and see what else is there really...and THEN come back to Habs after? Just don't get the incredible WE HAVE TO TALK BEFORE YOU LEAVE ME....attitude. Unless, Bergevin realized his desperate need of "vetness" he needs after Gorges and Brière leaves....Wouldn't be surprised to see him now overpaying Gionta for keeping a vet like him. You need some vets...but not at any price. Next year is NOT the end of the NHL. If we happen to suck next year....my god, this 2015 draft will get us right back in it for years to come.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
is he really using Buffalo and a bargaining chip?

i would actually reduce my offer if im MB ( actually i would not keep him but you get the point )

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
I really hope the era of the mercenary is finally done and over with. I can't stand the thought of seeing Captain Smurf's face anywhere near this team in the coming season.:rant:

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
If he is coming back with his tail between his short legs because he saw what the rest of the league was offering - I hope the Habs at least lower their offer. 2 years 2.5 per. Personally, I want the guy gone.

King Niinimaa*

I'm calling a major brainfart. He'll give us a discount with 3 x 4 million and that contract ****ing sucks through the length.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Richard Labbé‏@Richardlabbe · Told #Habs and B.Gionta won't be able to strike a deal tonight. Not expecting anything until tomorrow AM.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfinhabsclothing

Aug 18, 2008
I'll take him on my 3rd line, at 2 years/2.5 mill per. The guy is still good for 40-45 points and some intangibles (leadership).

Not getting all the hate. He's not a top 6 guy anymore, but still useful at the right price.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Richard Labbé @Richardlabbe

Told #Habs and B.Gionta won't be able to strike a deal tonight. Not expecting anything until tomorrow AM.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I really hope the era of the mercenary is finally done and over with. I can't stand the thought of seeing Captain Smurf's face anywhere near this team in the coming season.:rant:

it's not and never will... unless you're the kind of guy who thinks players happened to just be lucky to have signed with the highest bidder as it was their fav team anyway! :naughty:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I'll take him on my 3rd line, at 2 years/2.5 mill per. The guy is still good for 40-45 points and some intangibles (leadership).

Not getting all the hate. He's not a top 6 guy anymore, but still useful at the right price.

on a 3rd line ? not really no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad