Confirmed with Link: Brian Daccord hired as Special Asst. to the GM, Director of Goalie Ops

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
"Special Asst to the GM" was Walker's title. Suppose you could have more than one, but wonder if he is getting a new role.

I like how quickly Army is moving.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
"Adding him to our club was a top priority and he will be instrumental in helping us change our culture here."

Army is really zeroing in on that.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
One of the names Morgan mentioned to look out for. I now expect Ryan Jankowski is named director of amateur scouting shortly.

Reactions: Mosby

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
My guess is that with regards to the goalie position Daccord is supposed to be the macro level to Schwab and Bierks micro levels. So that means making sure enough attention is paid to the future of the position as opposed to just the now

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Hmm. Well, if Darcy and Raanta are both headed out, focusing on proscouting goalies and making the most of them when they get here probably makes some sense. Hill and Provetsov both need grooming as well. More managerial faces makes it easier to have one available to shuttle down to Tucson at any given time.
I guess? Are there other clubs with deep goaltending staffs?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Armstrong wants to built a war room of trusted voices that can all discuss issues. It makes sense to bring in a respected outsider that will primarily focus on goalies outside the org.

He probably came up when they started doing due diligence on Andersen.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
OT - Noticed when scrolling the team staff page that Hofford's kid (a video scout) is out too. Not really a surprise there.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, I'd give him anything he wants right now. Mostly because we seem to view the team through the same lens.

Reactions: RemoAZ

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Armstrong wants to built a war room of trusted voices that can all discuss issues. It makes sense to bring in a respected outsider that will primarily focus on goalies outside the org.

He probably came up when they started doing due diligence on Andersen.
On Sirius Army spoke about how Doug Armstrong had a strong room with many big profile names (eg: Brodeur) with an expectation that everyone brought their A game to these meetings.

Very different than the Chayka model.

Reactions: Surfshop

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You can say and think nice things about a guy and not have him be your pick. I wouldn't read too much into generous comments. They build good will and it costs you nothing.

If you don't want him as your assistant, it's entirely possible he rejected a demotion. Doesn't mean Armstrong doesn't think he's a stand up guy. He also kept calling them "honest", so it's possible the guys he's calling out positively are the guys that didn't try to hide anything in stretchgate and talked openly to the NHL and/or Meruelo. Maybe he just wants to make sure that if some if these guys go, they aren't stained.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Who or what is Army, out side of the armed forces of course?
shortened version of our GM's surname

also, my Covid project was learning basic French from one of those Great Courses things - D'accord means "i agree", right? Does that make him a yes man?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad