Confirmed with Link: Brian Daccord hired as Special Asst. to the GM, Director of Goalie Ops

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Goldberg has a pretty good resume. I'm guessing he didn't want his responsibility diluted (effectively a demotion) or Armstrong has someone in mind he can trust more, or both.

Reactions: _Del_

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Goldberg has a pretty good resume. I'm guessing he didn't want his responsibility diluted (effectively a demotion) or Armstrong has someone in mind he can trust more, or both.
Or he just got straight up canned.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Or he just got straight up canned.

Likely that would have happened before the presser as it did with Hofford.

Realistically, Goldberg went from being a top 3 important voice in the organization to just a guy whose importance/titles were shrinking by the day. He'd always be associated with the bad prior regime. There isn't really a path forward for him in AZ anymore. If Army can't trust you, there's really no point in keeping him around either.

Brad Rossen is a Stathletes guy, wouldn't be surprised to see him gone as well.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
His roles will include overseeing scouting, development and performance of goaltenders in the Coyotes organization, running the developmental and rookie camps and using his Master's degree in sports management to help structure the different departments of hockey operations.

"This is exactly what I've been doing for 25 years," Daccord said. "Building the experience and the knowhow to get to this point. When Bill went over the job description and I looked at it on a piece of paper, I couldn't believe what I was looking at. I said 'This is exactly what I do. This is who I am and what I do.'"

“There’s definitely going to be additional announcements (from Armstrong) in terms of who’d he’d like be a part of his team,” Coyotes president and CEO Xavier Gutierrez said Friday.

Arizona Coyotes add Brian Daccord to hockey operations staff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad