Value of: Brian Boyle

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
How has his defense been? He'd be the scoring winger on our third line but Cooper won't play him if he is still lost in his own end.
Plays 3rd line RW with Lucic and Caggiula. They aren't your typical checking 3rd line; more of a hit and chase you down line. He's definitely lost in his own end.
I doubt other Oilers fans would be willing to entertain the idea of shipping him out for a 3C rental

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
More like a Griffin Reinhart or Pakarainen

Are you a Oiler fan or a Lighting fan ? Reinhart has been playing good in the AHL . Starting to put up points . I would trade him for that 3rd line C we need not sure other teams would value him enough to do a deal tho . I rather here from Lighting fans but if you are one of them we have a deal . G Reinhart for B Boyle

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I like Slepyshev, I would do that deal. Would press for a second rounder though

Don't think we will be moving him . He a piece we need going forward . Plays the game the right way . Never complains . How many Russian put their time in in the AHL and never opens their mouth ? He also was projected to be a 1st rd pick but with Kovalchuk jumping ship on NJD it left a bad taste in GM,s mouths and they avoided Russian early in the draft .

Even if we forget value for a minute . Edmonton is still weak at RW and we need to hang on to everyone we got that plays RW

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Are you a Oiler fan or a Lighting fan ? Reinhart has been playing good in the AHL . Starting to put up points . I would trade him for that 3rd line C we need not sure other teams would value him enough to do a deal tho . I rather here from Lighting fans but if you are one of them we have a deal . G Reinhart for B Boyle

Not as the main piece, there needs to be an additional like a 3rd. If Reinhart hadn't played in the NHL already then maybe but he doesn't translate his AHL play over, he looks like the NHL game may be too fast for him. He's waiver eligible next year so you may just get a half a season out of him which isn't good value.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Why would the Rangers want him?

4C is a an area they can clearly improve upon. Lindberg is recovering from a major injury and has 1 goal in 33 games. The other option is Brandon Pirri. I understand that the defense is clearly the area that needs the most attention, however it wouldn't be the worst thing to investigate improvements at the 4C spot.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Slepyshev for Boyle rental?

Interesting for Oilers but I pass. Boyle is a great 4th line center, but we already have a great 4th line center in Letestu. Boyle probably brings a lot more intangibles though. But I don't think he's enough of an upgrade on Letestu to warrant losing Slepy. Slepyshev has finally found his feet in the NHL just recently. He's trending up. Will be a cost controlled 3rd line winger for us for a couple more years.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
4C is a an area they can clearly improve upon. Lindberg is recovering from a major injury and has 1 goal in 33 games. The other option is Brandon Pirri. I understand that the defense is clearly the area that needs the most attention, however it wouldn't be the worst thing to investigate improvements at the 4C spot.

Boyle would be a huge upgrade for the Rangers 4th line and their PK. Have not been crazy about Lindberg or Fast. Rangers would also be adding a big defensive forward as well. Which can certainly help in their defensive woes.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Boyle would be a huge upgrade for the Rangers 4th line and their PK. Have not been crazy about Lindberg or Fast. Rangers would also be adding a big defensive forward as well. Which can certainly help in their defensive woes.

Hell, Boyle can actually play defense for you in a pinch - he's done it for us several times.

Man it's gonna suck to lose him. He may not be a superstar but he's one of those guys who does just about anything you ask of him and does it well.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Not as the main piece, there needs to be an additional like a 3rd. If Reinhart hadn't played in the NHL already then maybe but he doesn't translate his AHL play over, he looks like the NHL game may be too fast for him. He's waiver eligible next year so you may just get a half a season out of him which isn't good value.
The Oilers will get a lot less than that from Boyle

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hell, Boyle can actually play defense for you in a pinch - he's done it for us several times.

Man it's gonna suck to lose him. He may not be a superstar but he's one of those guys who does just about anything you ask of him and does it well.

Like I said above, he has played well enough to command close to 3 million, imo. Tampa cannot afford that, especially if they are going to give Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde a raise. BTW, if you don't know who I am referring to, just look at the similar bad play in OT last night that happened against the Ducks. lol.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Not sure why the Rangers would trade with the intention of using Boyle as a 4th line center. Boyle is a UFA at the end of the season, we'd end up in the same spot as the last time we lost him. Just wasting assets here.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
People have such weird ideas about TBL player values. Nesterov is total **** and Habs fans think he'll be a good add to their team while Boyle is legitimately a great player(one of the best for his role in the league) and people act like he'd be a burden.

The Wild should be all over Boyle. Adding him to what looks like a team that could make a legitimate run, would be a great move. He's a player other teams have to prepare for each playoff game which is always a plus.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The Wild should be all over Boyle. Adding him to what looks like a team that could make a legitimate run, would be a great move. He's a player other teams have to prepare for each playoff game which is always a plus.

Minnesota doesn't have a 2nd this year, I doubt Tuch, Kunin, Kaprizov or Ek are on the table so not sure what the offer would be?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
2018 2nd + Belpedio

Is Belpedio going to sign this summer? Rather not acquire a kid who could become a free agent next season if not signed, would prefer Bouramman if Belpedio isn't gonna sign or a conditional pick in case he doesn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad