Value of: Brian Boyle

TheHardTruth*

Jun 22, 2015
Bottom 6 player, that can get maybe 20-25 points.

Not sure what would get offered but i wouldn't expect a lot. Boyle might be worth more to Tampa than in the trade market.

Hawks could use him on the third line, but i don't think that they would give up a lot to upgrade their third line.

3rd rounder and a decent prospect perhaps.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
A 2nd and a prospect maybe? A solid bottom pairing defenseman on a reasonable deal would also be of interest, so long as he has at least some term and is an upgrade on Sustr/Nesterov at the #6 spot. We could also send one of those guys back along with Boyle if desired (the value has to work though.)

Mad Brills*

how are they fitting his 2 million cap in? they're 1.5 under right now

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Price will be higher than his straight up stats might indicate. He does a little bit of everything and can score you 15 (20?) goals. I'm guessing a 2nd rounder at least. Not a player we want to lose, but he's played his way out of our price range.

If you want a rock-solid bottom-six center for a cup run (who fills in well in the top-six, actually--he's probably shown the second best chemistry with Drouin of anyone on the team), this is probably your guy. I think signing him long-term could be risky, but he's a great rental pick-up for a deep cup run.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
how are they fitting his 2 million cap in? they're 1.5 under right now

Boyle has likely played himself closer to the 3 million mark. He is having a very good season. Which means Tampa may not be able to extend him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Funny thing is, I think this might be the only player left on the team that the TB fanbase doesn't argue about. He's loved and appreciated fanbase-wide, to the point that a lot of us think we might try to re-sign him yet. Personally, I don't think that would be smart, but I get it. Such a great guy to have on your team.

I hope he gets PAID.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Funny thing is, I think this might be the only player left on the team that the TB fanbase doesn't argue about. He's loved and appreciated fanbase-wide, to the point that a lot of us think we might try to re-sign him yet. Personally, I don't think that would be smart, but I get it. Such a great guy to have on your team.

I hope he gets PAID.

I'll second this. Hell, at this point I'm almost willing to try him at D full-time just to see if he can outplay Sustr and Nesterov for the #6 spot. He has some experience playing defense, would be much better than either of them offensively, and probably couldn't be much worse defensively.:laugh:

(Ok that's a bit hyperbolic, but still why not give it a try? Not like we have anything to lose at this point.)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
A 2nd and a prospect maybe? A solid bottom pairing defenseman on a reasonable deal would also be of interest, so long as he has at least some term and is an upgrade on Sustr/Nesterov at the #6 spot. We could also send one of those guys back along with Boyle if desired (the value has to work though.)

Davidson ? 2nd rd pick 2018 ?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
People have such weird ideas about TBL player values. Nesterov is total **** and Habs fans think he'll be a good add to their team while Boyle is legitimately a great player(one of the best for his role in the league) and people act like he'd be a burden.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I believe the Wild will persue him heavily.

I think TB will return more that what's been stated in this thread if they chose to deal him.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Habs could use him as 3rd/4th line center Shaw-Boyle-Byron could be a solid 3rd line. Could Reway+Flynn and a 3rd round pick work? :D

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I like Slepy as well(1stOA KHL) and the Oilers have a ridiculous record with him in the line up. I would press for a 5th

How has his defense been? He'd be the scoring winger on our third line but Cooper won't play him if he is still lost in his own end.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Bottom 6 player, that can get maybe 20-25 points.

Not sure what would get offered but i wouldn't expect a lot. Boyle might be worth more to Tampa than in the trade market.

Hawks could use him on the third line, but i don't think that they would give up a lot to upgrade their third line.

3rd rounder and a decent prospect perhaps.

Oscar Lindberg ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad