Confirmed with Link: Brett Stapley Signed to a 1-Year AHL Deal

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
1661875207435.png

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Nice move for Laval, was perfectly fine with the Habs letting him go as I didn't think he was worth an NHL contract slot but Laval definitely needs another C and it's nice to have it be a youngish guy who has some kind of potential instead of a career AHLer vet.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Nice move for Laval, was perfectly fine with the Habs letting him go as I didn't think he was worth an NHL contract slot but Laval definitely needs another C and it's nice to have it be a youngish guy who has some kind of potential instead of a career AHLer vet.
Yes someone with potential vrs the retreads of Schnarr, Richard and Stevens. Time will tell as he competes with Mysak and Hillis for a fourth line NHL role.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
nice, if we have the room I am all for dart throwing especially on an AHL deal.
Oh yeah and to the non believers, bah ha ha ha ha ha ha. But the team has no centre depth. Hope he has a good year and stays healthy. Hopefully Kidney,Beck and Kapenen develop

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Very surprised that he is signing for the Habs' affiliate team and not another American-based AHL team.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yes someone with potential vrs the retreads of Schnarr, Richard and Stevens. Time will tell as he competes with Mysak and Hillis for a fourth line NHL role.
Retreads. Schnarr is younger than Stanley.

NHL spot?! HAHAHAHAHAHA

He's competing for an AHL spot. Guy doesn't even have an NHL contract.

Clearly no other team was interested in giving him an NHL contract either lol

I actually like Stapley and would have been fine signing him originally. But this shit is hilarious.

Yes, Schnarr the retread at 23 years old. And Stapley, the new blood at...... 23 years old. 🤣
And Schnarr is 2 days younger!

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Will we see him at the Habs' Rookie camp or at the team's training camp, or do the guys on AHL contracts not get invited?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad