Player Discussion Brett Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if Bjork and Senny or Kuhlman can't beat out Ritchie for those spots they need to be cut immediately.

I dont remember how you felt about our 7th player signing last year? I know I was underwhelmed... sometimes guys come in here and I expect nothing from them and im right. but... sometimes guys come in and we expect almost nothing and they deliver far more

I dont remember seeing any poster here who is right 100% of the time. god only knows some of my mistakes {except I share them here too so everyone else can know if they wanted}

I remember when derek morris and chuck kobasew were acquired... 2 of my favs... I loved these moves. I remember when morris was replaced by Seidenberg and kobasew by paille… I said who?

I learnt along time ago im not a scout so I started to rely more and more on other scouting reports and started using history to view these situations. not all of them turn out well

but if you dont take a few swings at the ball you wont ever hit any homeruns.

like the stockmarket… its when you buy low that you get the best returns. investing in the bluechips is nice for a retirement egg but it wont ever let you buy a 200k sports car. a lot of penny stocks go broke so its no guarantee get rich quick... but when they do hit its great.

Ritchie may come and go like simon gagne or jay pandalfo. we might have a hard time ever remembering he was a bruin. or he might be our next mike Knuble.

the one thing I hate about this type of discussion though is when people just crap on some kid before hes played his first moment of game action for us. if you or anyone else here had a 100% success record maybe id have more acceptance of it. but, when we all get our talent evaluations wrong sometimes... I wish we could show more optimism for new bruins.

I see so many people posting here I am glad this guy proved me wrong... or I was wrong about that guy. me too... im sometimes wrong when I hope for too much. I never want to say some new guy will FAIL before he ever gets a chance to play though. I never have... and I just find it difficult to read when some here are so quick to crap on either a new trade player or ufa… or some kid in the system...

honestly probably 75% of the players we get never live up to my hopes and dreams.. but as a fan I would be so depressed if I didnt set my hopes and dreams high. reality will be sucky enough often when it fails to deliver, let the dreams make us happy until reality strikes

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Gee remember when the St. Louis defense smashed the little Bruins forwards into dust in the finals? I do. A forward or two like Ritchie, or Maroon, or Frederic would have made some difference. Bjork, Senyshyn and Kuhlman are not physical or productive. I'll take the guy who a few season ago scored 16 goals over a guy like Senyshyn who hasn't even scored 16 in the minors, I don't think any of them have come to think of it. Kuhlman and Bjork are a couple years younger so they must be better prospects at 23 and 24 than a 26 year old who has already played 241 NHL games.

our star players would have made a difference had O'Reilly and co not owned them 5v5. Had Berube not whined to the refs and been the first coach in 75 years to actually get a league to change the way they call the rest of the series would have made a difference as well.

Brett Ritchie sucks. Here is some news...His 16 goals were a fluke. His last team relinquished his rights...for nothing...wasn't worth qualifying...yet he's going to play top 9 for us.... We are screwed if that's the case. I'm all for him fighting or playing on the 4th line, go for it...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I dont remember how you felt about our 7th player signing last year? I know I was underwhelmed... sometimes guys come in here and I expect nothing from them and im right. but... sometimes guys come in and we expect almost nothing and they deliver far more

I dont remember seeing any poster here who is right 100% of the time. god only knows some of my mistakes {except I share them here too so everyone else can know if they wanted}

I remember when derek morris and chuck kobasew were acquired... 2 of my favs... I loved these moves. I remember when morris was replaced by Seidenberg and kobasew by paille… I said who?

I learnt along time ago im not a scout so I started to rely more and more on other scouting reports and started using history to view these situations. not all of them turn out well

but if you dont take a few swings at the ball you wont ever hit any homeruns.

like the stockmarket… its when you buy low that you get the best returns. investing in the bluechips is nice for a retirement egg but it wont ever let you buy a 200k sports car. a lot of penny stocks go broke so its no guarantee get rich quick... but when they do hit its great.

Ritchie may come and go like simon gagne or jay pandalfo. we might have a hard time ever remembering he was a bruin. or he might be our next mike Knuble.

the one thing I hate about this type of discussion though is when people just crap on some kid before hes played his first moment of game action for us. if you or anyone else here had a 100% success record maybe id have more acceptance of it. but, when we all get our talent evaluations wrong sometimes... I wish we could show more optimism for new bruins.

I see so many people posting here I am glad this guy proved me wrong... or I was wrong about that guy. me too... im sometimes wrong when I hope for too much. I never want to say some new guy will FAIL before he ever gets a chance to play though. I never have... and I just find it difficult to read when some here are so quick to crap on either a new trade player or ufa… or some kid in the system...

honestly probably 75% of the players we get never live up to my hopes and dreams.. but as a fan I would be so depressed if I didnt set my hopes and dreams high. reality will be sucky enough often when it fails to deliver, let the dreams make us happy until reality strikes

I was commenting on him being a top 6 or 9. He's not. I loved the Wagner signing. I loved it as a 4th line banger. Ritchie can be that...

It's hilarious, he has size and fights sometimes that's the only reason people are into him. Where is all the Lindholm love? Nordstrom last year? Hmmm

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I was commenting on him being a top 6 or 9. He's not. I loved the Wagner signing. I loved it as a 4th line banger. Ritchie can be that...

It's hilarious, he has size and fights sometimes that's the only reason people are into him. Where is all the Lindholm love? Nordstrom last year? Hmmm

guys like Nordstrom are always a reminder to myself personally... that I am not great at all the finer points what makes a good team. there were some other guys similar to him over the years that came and went without making much impact. usually I hope for the best. what was that guys name??? peter nokalainen? I think he was here for a cup of tea and I hoped he would be something for us. I remember when we got glen metropolit… I was not too happy about that... but turned out to be a useful 4th liner... I remember Byron bitz and his being a big boy I probably had more hope for him... brandon bochinski wasnt too big and wasnt that good... but I also had more hope for him...

theres such a long list of guys who came and went and mostly never raised themselves above 4th line semi-regular status so yeah its really easy for us to be underwealmed when we get a guy that might end up in this spot. but there is those rare exceptions to this list of names where we thought the guy was another bum and he turns out pretty good

remember when we let wes walz leave? they might have thought they were getting a bum... Samuel pahlsson didnt look like anything when we let him leave... kris versteeg probably didnt wow anyone when we moved him... matt Hendricks had a hell of a career but does anyone even remember he was once a bruin before we moved him?

there is along list of players in the nhl that look like next to nothing and often they are. often these guys come in and play the same they did on that other team. a change of scenery doesnt always work out.

when Charlie coyle came over last year a lot of people said it would suck if he was on our second line... then in the playoffs they were saying his line was our top line...

thats all im really trying to say... let the guys have a chance to play before we just crap on them. theres always plenty enough time later to crap on any of these guys if they prove they deserve it...im still crapping on paul coffey and marty mcsorely being bruins and that was like 20+ years ago...

I hope Ritchie becomes the next Knuble and is scoring 20+ goals for us the next 3-4 years

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018

I really hope our opinions about our disdain for Ritchie age poorly here and he proves us wrong. I just don't see him getting above 4th line . . or at least i hope not.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Loved Nordstrom's game in the playoffs, thought he was ok in the regular season

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Gee remember when the St. Louis defense smashed the little Bruins forwards into dust in the finals? I do. A forward or two like Ritchie, or Maroon, or Frederic would have made some difference. Bjork, Senyshyn and Kuhlman are not physical or productive. I'll take the guy who a few season ago scored 16 goals over a guy like Senyshyn who hasn't even scored 16 in the minors, I don't think any of them have come to think of it. Kuhlman and Bjork are a couple years younger so they must be better prospects at 23 and 24 than a 26 year old who has already played 241 NHL games.

Actually I don't remember that. I remember the Bergeron and Krejci line not producing 5 on 5. That's the reason they lost. Big Bad Winnipeg lost to STL also.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I get the game has moved on from 1974 (sadly) but I dont think Ritchie and maybe Gaunce adding some size and grit to the bottom six is a bad thing. I would have preferred Ferland but Ritchie is a short term, cheap option. I dont like the idea of him as 2RW either, but that is on Sweeney, not Ritchie. 25 points playing RW with Coyle and Heinen should make for a good, balanced third line.

I have more faith in Ritchie being more productive than Senyshyn.

Reactions: HustleB

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I get the game has moved on from 1974 (sadly) but I dont think Ritchie and maybe Gaunce adding some size and grit to the bottom six is a bad thing. I would have preferred Ferland but Ritchie is a short term, cheap option. I dont like the idea of him as 2RW either, but that is on Sweeney, not Ritchie. 25 points playing RW with Coyle and Heinen should make for a good, balanced third line.

I have more faith in Ritchie being more productive than Senyshyn.

I don't understand why you have more faith in Ritchie. One has proven he's not a capable, long term NHL'er at this point, the other hasn't received his chance yet.

Reactions: neelynugs

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Ritchie will throw a hit and fight here and there but he's not going to be this brutal power forward. He's going to really disappoint some people if that's what they think we're getting with this player.

I think we'll be lucky to see double digits goals from him.

I think we can safely say that no one expects Brett Ritchie be a “brutal power forward”.

That kind of overrating is reserved for those who want Lucic back in town ;)

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't understand why you have more faith in Ritchie. One has proven he's not a capable, long term NHL'er at this point, the other hasn't received his chance yet.
Senyshyn is on the verge of proving he isnt an AHL capable forward. Ritchie has proved he is an NHL player,maybe not impact but he has played over 200 games, I will be surprised if any of Senyshyn, Bjork or Kuhlman do so. Kuhlman is the only one of that group I give any chance of it.

Also of that group of 4 Ritchie is the biggest and most physical, something this team needs badly

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Just shows how fan bases love their prospects too much I would guess.

If he plays top 9 RW then this team is screwed. Might as well trade now and not wait until the trade deadline.
This is definitely a hyperbole. Nordstrom played top 9 for how long last year? Yet we were consistently near the top of the division with or without him playing there. I'm sure if no prospects grab the spot we will see Cassidy try a bunch of different guys in different spots until something clicks.

Reactions: Spooner st

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Senyshyn is on the verge of proving he isnt an AHL capable forward.
Agreed.

Ritchie’s single season best in the NHL is nearly as good as Senyshyn’s single season best in the AHL. Senyshyn shouldn’t even get a chance to skate in the big league until he proves SOMETHING in the A. Dude was supposed to be a scorer. Yeah, they had him “focus” on defense, but that doesn’t mean to the exclusion of offense.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Agreed.

Ritchie’s single season best in the NHL is nearly as good as Senyshyn’s single season best in the AHL. Senyshyn shouldn’t even get a chance to skate in the big league until he proves SOMETHING in the A. Dude was supposed to be a scorer. Yeah, they had him “focus” on defense, but that doesn’t mean to the exclusion of offense.

When you play on the 3rd line with limited offensive players and get little PP time and still put up double digits goals, that doesn't seem to bad to me. He was on pace for 20+ goals this year but got injured.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He has some skills in his game. I saw enough of him with the Stars to be intrigued by what he might be able to do with the right coaching and playing situation. I don't expect a great deal, but there is something more there and maybe the Bruins can bring it out. If not, no big loss. He spent enough time in Austin with AHL to be used to it.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
When you play on the 3rd line with limited offensive players and get little PP time and still put up double digits goals, that doesn't seem to bad to me. He was on pace for 20+ goals this year but got injured.
When you’re picked in the first round and can’t get off the 3rd line and gain some power play time in your second year in the AHL.......

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He’s someone kid

He’s on the Bruins

I’m not getting it

I jumped in my buddies front row seats so I had a great vantage to watch him

Saw nothing - certainly didn’t see what Cassidy said

I’m going next two and will watch again

I’m a Neanderthal at heart but let me put it like this

I rolled up the player lineup papers they handed out and stuck it on the dasher - several times the impact knocked it off (poor Didier took several) but twice Ritchie came in for hard contact and it was maybe 10% more than Ryan Spooner

Hope I’m wrong here but Backes was better last night

I’m still not convinced Ritchie was brought in cheaply as a flier they do have interest in- but can be used to waive Backes send him to AHL and get him to retire and poof - no Cap hit no trade with assets no buy out

If he plays well tomorrow and or Saturday I’ll flip - I hsve no problem being off on my take.

I never understood why he’s here

Now I think I might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad