TBN: Brett Murray quickly finding his way with Americans

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
What is Murray's ceiling?
I would compare him to Jordan Greenway from the Wild. Big, but not a fighter. Will throw the body and drive the net, and has good top end speed.

I am saying if he pans out, we likely have a good 3rd line PWF. He looks to be on an upward track, but I want to see it over the course of a few months before offering a deal. I have just seen enough great 10 game stretches lead to nothing to be hesitant of offering a deal right away.

However I am a fan and hope he can be impactful for us in the future.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seeing as the Sabres are at 49 of 50 NHL contracts it doesn't likely look like Murray will be getting one.

Saw some calls in November that he definitely deserved one but am wondering why.

Seems like he had a better than expected first season in the AHL — given his lack of production at Penn State. Perhaps his college experience was a wake-up call and kudos to him for getting fitter, working on his game, etc.

At this point has he showed the potential to be a better NHL prospect than some of the people already signed to contracts or the various free agents available — both here in North America and overseas?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
How has Murray looked in Roch this year? I see he's putting up points. Any chance he could compete for a roster spot in camp in the fall?

Injury call up possibly.

as of now Buffalo has 13 forwards for 21/22 season who are signed or RFAs playing on the Sabres or on IR and excluding taxi squad forwards or ones in Rochester

Skinnel-Eichel-Reinhart
Olofsson-Cozens-Thompson
Routs-Mitts-Thompson
Asplund-Lazar-Girgs
KO

in Rochester you have Quinn, Pekar, Weissbach, and others on ELCs

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Skinnel-Eichel-Reinhart
Olofsson-Cozens-Thompson
Routs-Mitts-Thompson
Asplund-Lazar-Girgs
KO

Add Bjork, subtract Lazar. I think...I think they are going to be OK with this. Which means we are a borderline playoff team next season. Maybe thats OK.

I wonder if Dougie Hamilton would take 8.5 to play here. That would leave 3.5 for a LHD, hopefully 5 for Ullmark and 2 for a backup. That will pretty much max us with the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad