Prospect Info: Brett McKenzie (Center) (7th round, 194th Overall)

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's his final year of regular eligibility. Yes, he could stay for his overage year ... but if that happens it's not really a great sign.

Thanks for clarifying. My earlier comment stands then; the expectations for him are higher than they would be if he weren't nearing the end of his junior career.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It's his final year of regular eligibility. Yes, he could stay for his overage year ... but if that happens it's not really a great sign.

I see. Never heard of the term "regular eligibility" in regards to CHL eligibility before. Learn something every day.

Ideally, McKenzie would earn a contract and be ready to play in the AHL. But whether or not he returns to the CHL is the Canucks' decision isn't it? And there could be a number of reasons for sending him back besides his ability to play in the AHL.

My earlier comment stands then; the expectations for him are higher than they would be if he weren't nearing the end of his junior career.

Well expectations are naturally higher as you become more of an elder statesman on your team.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
I see. Never heard of the term "regular eligibility" in regards to CHL eligibility before. Learn something every day.

Ideally, McKenzie would earn a contract and be ready to play in the AHL. But whether or not he returns to the CHL is the Canucks' decision isn't it? And there could be a number of reasons for sending him back besides his ability to play in the AHL.

Well expectations are naturally higher as you become more of an elder statesman on your team.

If McKenzie isnt ready for the AHL next year, he probably wont make the NHL. Players who play their overage year almost never make it to the big league.

Lets hope Brett can keep this up.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
If McKenzie isnt ready for the AHL next year, he probably wont make the NHL. Players who play their overage year almost never make it to the big league.

Lets hope Brett can keep this up.
Good point as long as he keeps improving Ahl looks like a very good chance. Goal a game unlikely to last but seems to be their best player of an ok team.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If McKenzie isnt ready for the AHL next year, he probably wont make the NHL.

My point is that he could be ready but still be sent down for reasons beyond AHL readiness.

Players who play their overage year almost never make it to the big league.

That's true. The Darren Archibalds and Dane Foxes didn't make it. McKenzie does have a good sized frame so I expect him to be in the AHL next season if he keeps scoring like this. Plus he's a centre prospect, which we lack.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Looks great for a late round pick. Even if he doesn't pan out which the statistics would suggest, it's nice to see a draft pick perform.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
At least he can grow a beard which is a good sign. Obviously having a beard doesn't make you a better hockey player (so don't take my comments out of context). But it certainly shows more testosterone which is a change from our current passive, weak, baby faced team we've been icing for the last 5 years.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
At least he can grow a beard which is a good sign. Obviously having a beard doesn't make you a better hockey player (so don't take my comments out of context). But it certainly shows more testosterone which is a change from our current passive, weak, baby faced team we've been icing for the last 5 years.

It's also useful for intimidating any 16 and 17 yo's you are getting your points against with their feeble teenage moustaches.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
It's also useful for intimidating any 16 and 17 yo's you are getting your points against with their feeble teenage moustaches.

Maybe it is, like I stated it doesn't make you a better hockey player. Just an observation.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

The funniest part of this post is the poster is actually serious..

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
The funniest part of this post is the poster is actually serious..

What did I post that was wrong?

Statements I made:

- He can grow a beard
- That doesn't make you better at hockey
- Beards typically show more testosterone
- Our current team has a lot of baby faced players, who are weak and push overs.

Yes I'm serious....where did I go wrong?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Anyways guys Mckenzie looks pretty good for a 7th rounder. Cant get too excited yet but someone to keep an eye on imho

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
What did I post that was wrong?

Statements I made:

- He can grow a beard
- That doesn't make you better at hockey
- Beards typically show more testosterone
- Our current team has a lot of baby faced players, who are weak and push overs.

Yes I'm serious....where did I go wrong?

Genetics and nationalties play a larger role in beard growth than testosterone. Also usually wealthy hockey families are more likely to be less physical occupations if not involved professionally in sports. Blonde trophy wives also dont tend to add much muscle or beards for offspring.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
LOL :laugh:

Im dying, this is similar to that time in the JV thread when people were going back and fourth about his diet/weight effecting his hockey sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad