Waived: Brett Connolly

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Anyone surprised by this, hasn't been paying any attention. He'll clear (doh!), play for the Hogs and the Hawks will get ~$1M cap relief (of Connolly's ~$3M salary).

Reactions: Mrfenn92

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No, we got Borgstrom and Stillman.

That was the whole point of absorbing Connolly's contract.
Connolly was always a long shot to remain in Chicago. From what I've observed he doesn't have the wheels. Stillman could become a mainstay ... not sure about Borgstrom.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

I thought Ottawa actually claimed him from what others are saying but I guess that’s just lala land wishful thinking, no one in their right mind will take on that garbage. Stan had to give away TT to get rid of Bickel’s one year contract he would need to do the same here, pathetic clueless GM.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I thought Ottawa actually claimed him from what others are saying but I guess that’s just lala land wishful thinking, no one in their right mind will take on that garbage. Stan had to give away TT to get rid of Bickel’s one year contract he would need to do the same here, pathetic clueless GM.
I doubt they are actively shopping him. He was acquired, knowing full well he would probably sit in the AHL for the rest of his contract, this was known from Day 1.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I doubt they are actively shopping him. He was acquired, knowing full well he would probably sit in the AHL for the rest of his contract, this was known from Day 1.

What’s your point? Still a mind numbing stupid move. Why is it when Stan takes on other teams junk cap he only gets meh players but when he unloads his garbage of only one year he has to give away TT? Ask your self that ponder to it and come back and answer.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Stillman didn't look good in pre-season, he looked great. Really want to see more of him to get an idea of where he is at against the NHL. He was definitely a boss against the Blues the other night.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What’s your point? Still a mind numbing stupid move. Why is it when Stan takes on other teams junk cap he only gets meh players but when he unloads his garbage of only one year he has to give away TT? Ask your self that ponder to it and come back and answer.
What's the point in answering? You have your mind made up, it's like talking to brick wall.

Reactions: Space umpire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad