Prospect Info: Brett Bulmer Re-Signed (1 Year, 2 Way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Wild Recalls Bulmer
With the Minnesota Wild taking on the San Jose Sharks tonight on the second night of a back-to-back, the club has recalled forward Brett Bulmer from Iowa of the American Hockey League.

The 21-year-old has recorded 12 points (9-3=12), 20 penalty minutes (PIM) and three power-play goals in 21 games with Iowa this season. He leads the team in goals and shots (62) and ranks third in scoring. The 6-foot-4, 212-pound native of Prince George, B.C., tallied seven points (4-3=7) and 41 PIM in 43 contests with Houston last season.

Bulmer began the 2011-12 season with Minnesota and skated in nine NHL games totaling three assists, six penalty minutes and a plus-1 rating before being reassigned to the Kelowna Rockets in the Western Hockey League (WHL) on Oct. 31, 2011. He made his NHL debut in the Wild season opener against Columbus on Oct. 8, 2011 and last appeared in an NHL game on Oct. 27, 2011 vs. Anaheim. Bulmer was selected by Minnesota in the second-round (No. 39) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and wears sweater No. 54 with the Wild.

Elite Prospects link
Hockeydb link

Professional career so far in Houston and Iowa:
Year | GP | Goals | Assists | Points | PIM | +/-
2011-2012 | 6 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 | -2
2012-2013 | 43 | 4 | 3 | 7 | 41 | -18
2013-2014 | 21 | 9 | 3 | 12 | 20 | -2

Last edited by a moderator:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He dumped the puck when there was 5 seconds left and the Wild were entering the offensive zone for one last rush. Maybe that was the last straw.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Heatley wakes up from his afternoon nap to the sound of crinkling paper being slid under his door.

Going over to the hotel room door, The ****ing All-Star picks up a hastily scribbled note written in red crayon with directions to a place that "he must go to" before the game. Hearing running footsteps from outside in the hall, he yanks open the door to see who the culprit could have been, only to see the back of a balding mans head as he darts around a corner. The back of his head had been perfectly waxed, but even at this distance The ****ing All-Star could smell the sweat and fear off his adversary. The problem was though, everyone was his adversary, and The Heater was unsure who this particular nuisance was.

Closing the door, The ****ing All-Star knew he had to go to this special place laid out in these directions, they were "Special" to him.

Later that evening...

Yeo regrettably is telling the refs that the Wild's line-up will not include Heatley, as he just did not show up for the pre-game skate, and that Bulmer would have to be included in his place. A hint of a smirk escapes from Yeolo's lips, and the sweat-soaked undershirt he was wearing, being the only evidence that he had outwitted the mighty ****ing All-Star.

Even later that evening...

The ****ing All-Star sat on a trash can, carefully sharpening a skate blade, as he waited for the weak and sweaty Yeolo to emerge from another ass-whoopin....

THEALLKNOWING*

Gee, I think it was me who said in the past two days that Bulmer ought to be brought up. Of course some thought I was ridiculous. If you saw him play in those first 9 games several years ago, you would understand why I felt he should be brought up. Also, I have it through a good source, that beyond the injuries in the AHL, there may have been some conlicts with the prior coach. Can't teach size. Comparing him to Rupp is ridiculous. I thought he was more of a Cal C type of player, except that he actually had some skill versus Cal C.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I can't even begin to pretend to fathom what this team is doing these days.

#Yeolo

Jesus Christ.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Setting aside all the...ahem...other implications on the lines, I can't say Bulmer doesn't deserve a shot, or that he has nothing to bring to the team.

OpRedDawn*

I'm guessing he tries to make a statement by fighting someone and gets owned again

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
He didn't look out of place, didn't make any mistakes, played physically, and won some puck battles.

He also played more minutes than Heatley!

Success?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He didn't look out of place, didn't make any mistakes, played physically, and won some puck battles.

He also played more minutes than Heatley!

Success?

Wouldn't mind him staying for a while.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Well, upgrade over Heatley. Heatley just plain sucks. Can we scratch him please?

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
As Ive been saying we have to get bigger on the wings. Good big Western Conference team will own us---Zucker, Haula, Fontaine etc, too many like parts.

ALWAYS been a Bulmer fan, on here he has been taking a beating--he is exactly what we need, a year or two away from being really impactful but for now a big body that plays hard----when Yeo last week played Haula on the 4th line on RIGHT WING, his weak side, made zero sense. Haula is a center, maybe a left winger but not a 4th line right winger, ---
Again patience is key, and Im very happy for Bulmer.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
With Bulmer looking decent after a LONG hiatus from the NHL, I could definitely see Zucker getting traded (if he has any value that is). Bulmer fits bottom 6 much better and we have Parise and Nino in the top 6 for foreseeable future.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Bulmer looked fine, if this trend continues we might need to trade one winger prospect away. Whoever gets the best deal for us.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Nino-Haula-Pommer
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine/Mitchell
Bulmer-Konopka-Fontaine/Mitchell

Make it happen

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Nino-Haula-Pommer
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine/Mitchell
Bulmer-Konopka-Fontaine/Mitchell

Make it happen

No Bulmer on 4th line. He has to play 3rd line or go to Iowa. He is someone that needs to play a lot right now with his injury situation last year. Otherwise I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad