Brent Burns Vs Ryan Suter

Who do you take going forward including contracts?

• BB

• RS

Results are only viewable after voting.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'd take Burns for the next couple years but I have more confidence in Suter's game aging well to the point I'd take him I'd take him over the full contract

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Am I underrating him when I say he is around the 8-15th best defenseman?

Probably not, although I'd move it closer to 5-12.

I think what separates Suter from a lot of guys though is consistency. He doesn't have the peaks of some defencemen, but he also doesn't have the valleys. Very good defensively, very good and smart passer, logs huge minutes and plays in all situations. He's a poor man's Lidstrom without the shooting ability from the point.

I think if you go back the past 10 years, you'd have a hard time picking more than a handful of guys who have been more valuable throughout that entire stretch. Year in and year out he's a Top 10, Top 5 guy.

Evergreen

You couldn’t take the time to tell us what their contracts are?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Tough poll,one is a defensive stalwart...The other is a two way beast....Give me Suter by a hair

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Probably not, although I'd move it closer to 5-12.

I think what separates Suter from a lot of guys though is consistency. He doesn't have the peaks of some defencemen, but he also doesn't have the valleys. Very good defensively, very good and smart passer, logs huge minutes and plays in all situations. He's a poor man's Lidstrom without the shooting ability from the point.

I think if you go back the past 10 years, you'd have a hard time picking more than a handful of guys who have been more valuable throughout that entire stretch. Year in and year out he's a Top 10, Top 5 guy.

Yeah. That consistency is big.

I think Suter has a pretty big edge in his ability to really carry a pairing. You don't always see it because Spurgeon, but he has that ability to stabilize a pairing. While taking on harder minutes as well. I value that quite a bit, over the edge that Burns has as a dynamic offensive catalyst. It's not like Suter isn't a superb puck-mover and point producer himself.

Reactions: sharkhawk

Buddlee

Apr 15, 2018
Ryan Suter
2IEvMC0

2kfXDtv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad