Brendan Shanahan

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The best series last 30 years.
The first six games of that series were the best hockey I've ever seen. It's the only time I can remember when I knew that whoever won the conference absolutely was winning it all. Two total heavyweights went toe to toe in superb fashion.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
The first six games of that series were the best hockey I've ever seen. It's the only time I can remember when I knew that whoever won the conference absolutely was winning it all. Two total heavyweights went toe to toe in superb fashion.
Detroit-Anaheim in '09 was amazing as well.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I think he was one of the last players to score 50 goals and have 200 penalty minutes in the same season. He was an elite scorer and an enforcer in the same body.

minitrucker83

Apr 2, 2012
Shanahan-Fedorov-Yzerman was one of Bowman's favorite lines during the '01-02 season.

ShanahanYzermanFedorov_RoyBlakeForsberg_zps03263d1d.jpg
One of my favorite hockey pics of all time. So much skill in that pic and not just on the wings either. Roy, forsberg, and Blake too

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
He was like a slower Ovechkin with not quite as lethal of a shot, but more defensively responsible (especially under Bowman) and never the one to shy from a fight.

He mostly played with Larionov and Lapoint, then with Fedorov in 01-03, then with Datsyuk. The guy got his share of Russian centers!

While he certainly added grit that we needed, it was just more of a case of the rest of the team acquiring that extra level of anger and intensity that propelled them to their Cups.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Great player. He was one of my all time favorites. I liked watching him and Hull since the only games I had acess to at the time were the local team, which was the Blues.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Here are the other players with 50/200. On that list I would certainly go Shanny

1. Brendan Shanahan
2. Keith Tkachuk
3. Gary Roberts
4. Kevin Stevens

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
He was the complete package. Big, strong power forward with one hell of a shot. Tough as nails. Wasn't bashful in takin the gloves off to go with anybody. And held his own doin it. And wasn't hesitant in checkin ya into the ice. Best mix of grit and skill in one player on an elite level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad