Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Lemieux Recalled

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Ya I get it, but Hendricks put on waivers would make my day.
Right now we can get away with sending our young guys down but next year I'm worried we will have less ability to do that and that Maurice will be faced with making decisions about waiving some talented players and keeping guys like Hendricks, Tanev or Matthias instead.

I'm being realistic. You are not.

They aren't going to waive Hendricks. They also aren't going to waive Chiarot.

Tanev has overperformed. Dano & Petan have underperformed.

Doubt they waive Dano either (for fear they lose him) so it's either Lemieux or Petan.

Last edited:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Then would it not be time now to start making some trades (maybe for some draft picks) before we start losing good players to waivers?
I hate losing assets for nothing and I also dislike players like Hendricks and Tanev taking up roster spots that could be filled with more talented waiver exempt players.
How do we avoid both? Time to trade some assets.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If it comes down to Petan and Lemieux, it will depend on how Petan is doing on the PP.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Then would it not be time now to start making some trades (maybe for some draft picks) before we start losing good players to waivers?
I hate losing assets for nothing and I also dislike players like Hendricks and Tanev taking up roster spots that could be filled with more talented waiver exempt players.
How do we avoid both? Time to trade some assets.

It's not really trade season yet.

And don't forget that Perreault is also going to force a roster move. At that point teams are more open to making trades though.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It's not really trade season yet.

And don't forget that Perreault is also going to force a roster move. At that point teams are more open to making trades though.

I should have been more clear. By "now" I meant this year.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Gotta see more of lemieux first. I don't think that line scores any goals, but Armia finds ways to get pucks their the crease and lemi is supposed to get good tips and greasy goals. I think that line ends up like MLA last year.
I liked the MLA line but it lacked scoring...maybe Lemi helps out there? Nothing wrong with garbage goals. A team needs someone to get them.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don’t think we need to make trades yet. It’s a long season and injuries are going to happen so I think we just need to keep our heads and manage the assets. Despite the fact our bottom six has played poorly it’s a small sample size and we need to let players work through it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don’t think we need to make trades yet. It’s a long season and injuries are going to happen so I think we just need to keep our heads and manage the assets. Despite the fact our bottom six has played poorly it’s a small sample size and we need to let players work through it.
I agree. Lemieux or Petan probably go back to the Moose. Dano will need another chance to show what he can do, and he likely will - it's a long season.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Does anyone else think the reason Petan got sent down instead of Lemieux is because we have two games coming up against the Pens and they will probably be "heavy" games?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Does anyone else think the reason Petan got sent down instead of Lemieux is because we have two games coming up against the Pens and they will probably be "heavy" games?

Could very well be part of the reason, sure. All those roster decisions are made based on plenty of different arguments for and against every player. It's never just "he sucks" or "Maurice hates him". That's just the easier narrative to project whatever people want to project on.

Reactions: KingBogo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Could very well be part of the reason, sure. All those roster decisions are made based on plenty of different arguments for and against every player. It's never just "he sucks" or "Maurice hates him". That's just the easier narrative to project whatever people want to project on.
Yep. Many things enter into decisions, but much easier to use any move to support your entrenched position.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Aside from bringing sandpaper Lemieux also brings the ability to kill penalties and the ability to score goals - which Petan does not. Petan may be a setup man but what good is a setup man when no one he sets up can score either? We need bottom six guys who can score. Final year of junior Petan scored 15 goals while Lemieux scored 32. On the Moose Petan scored 13 while Lemieux scored 17. Time to give Lemieux a shot.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I really think the game Lemieux plays is what Maurice wants on bottom 6, with the scoring touch that the fans want. I bet he scored an even strength point if he plays 3 NHL games.

I'm very optimistic about Lemieux this year, but I'll admit that may be due to the atrocious performance of the bottom ~8 so far.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would hold off on the scoring touch prognosis he has 17 goals in 70 AHL games. I think he needs more time on the farm to develop that aspect of his game.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Lemieux is more Maurice's kind of guy, like Tanev and Lowry. If he can walk and chew gum at the same time (but not necessarily skate and chew gum at the same time, like Tanev), Maurice will find a way to use him.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Kid has played well so far. The one I like about him is that he is smart enough not to take dumb penalties in the NHL. Most posters didn't think he could do it, but when a guy finally makes it he knows he can't afford to be stupid. He is showing some positives and I personally think would be a beast in front on the PP.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I have always been a Lemieux fan. But I also like Petan. I feel like both can be regulars going forward. But depth is good, can always move assets and picks to improve our lineup.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad