Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Lemieux Recalled

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It's unlikely he plays unless someone else is hurt/sick

I think the Jet's will play Armia and Lemieux in place of Mathias, and I think the Jet's will believe they will get 110% effort from these guys, as they were traded by Buffalo, and "will have something to prove." Effort and desire wins hockey games !!!

Maybe also -- the Jet's would like to rub that trade in Buffalo's face.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I think the Jet's will play Armia and Lemieux in place of Mathias, and I think the Jet's will believe they will get 110% effort from these guys, as they were traded by Buffalo, and "will have something to prove." Effort and desire wins hockey games !!!

Obviously Armia will play. He's a regular in the lineup. Lemieux was called up to be an extra forward. Not to be inserted into the lineup. He plays only if Lowry and one other forward can't

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Obviously Armia will play. He's a regular in the lineup. Lemieux was called up to be an extra forward. Not to be inserted into the lineup. He plays only if Lowry and one other forward can't

I think Lemieux will play -- but you may be right. Armia of course will play, and I hope he scores a couple of goals. The guy is playing really well.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

I think Lemieux will play -- but you may be right. Armia of course will play, and I hope he scores a couple of goals. The guy is playing really well.

Lemieux hasn't even practiced with the team. He was practicing with the Moose this morning. Normally a player practices before getting in the lineup.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

2 things. why would the jets want to rub it in buffalo's face. and 2nd why would Lemieux have something to prove to buffalo who didn't want to sign there and got want he wanted when they traded him.

Reactions: Duke749

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
2 things. why would the jets want to rub it in buffalo's face. and 2nd why would Lemieux have something to prove to buffalo who didn't want to sign there and got want he wanted when they traded him.

Well FFH -- why would Lemieux have something to prove ??? answer is Buffalo did not think he was good enough to sign him to a contract, and sent him down to Barrie. Apparently Lemieux thought he should have made the team, as he thought Buffalo didn't have much. This was according to an article I read.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Maurice made it pretty clear, until Mathias or Dano give him a reason to take them out, he won’t take them out.
So if neither play poorly, it’s a toss between Lowry not being able to go tomorrow and Roslovic sitting, which makes little sense, or someone else having an injury.

Maybe he sees a game this weekend, but definitely not tomorrow’s game

Reactions: DRC and GNP

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Maurice made it pretty clear, until Mathias or Dano give him a reason to take them out, he won’t take them out.
So if neither play poorly, it’s a toss between Lowry not being able to go tomorrow and Roslovic sitting, which makes little sense, or someone else having an injury.

He also hinted that Roslovic might play even if Lowry is back. I took his comments to mean it will be a difficult choice

Reactions: DRC

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

I think Dano being benched yesterday means he doesnt play and Matthias is being shopped.. So i see a scenario where.. Lemieux Hendricks Roslo 4th line is possible.

Reactions: DRC and GNP

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Well FFH -- why would Lemieux have something to prove ??? answer is Buffalo did not think he was good enough to sign him to a contract, and sent him down to Barrie. Apparently Lemieux thought he should have made the team, as he thought Buffalo didn't have much. This was according to an article I read.
Buffalo don't send him anywhere if he isn't signed to Buffalo. Buffalo has absolutely no say on his career unless he is under contract to them.

If Lemieux had signed an ELC with the Sabres, then the Sabres would control him and could "Loan" him to a minor team. As he didn't he was only on the "Reserve List" of Sabres because of them having drafted his rights (= the exclusive right within the NHL system to sign him to an NHL contract). If another team think the will have better success in signing such a player, then those rights (and many years of his exclusive services that go with them) are worth something.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
You are shopping Matthias so you sit him?

He was sat when the rumor first came out so yes? Because hes Shawn Matthias and ppl around the NHL knows who and what Shawn Matthias is as an NHL player. Its not like hes going to go from getting you a 4th rd pick to 1st or 2nd rd pick. He is worth what he is worth whether he plays or not.

Reactions: GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Dano being benched yesterday means he doesnt play and Matthias is being shopped.. So i see a scenario where.. Lemieux Hendricks Roslo 4th line is possible.
Who do you believe Matthias is being shopped to? Not sure their are many teams interested in picking up a 1/2 year of his $2.125 M salary for basically a 4th line/PB guy. Maybe he goes right at the TD with some salary retention and not much of a return.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Who do you believe Matthias is being shopped to? Not sure their are many teams interested in picking up a 1/2 year of his $2.125 M salary for basically a 4th line/PB guy. Maybe he goes right at the TD with some salary retention and not much of a return.

Friedman said this a couple weeks ago

31 Thoughts

6. Winnipeg sent out a note last week indicating Shawn Matthias’s availability. Their success has made it difficult for him to get into the lineup; just two appearances in five weeks. He is an unrestricted free agent this summer.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
He also hinted that Roslovic might play even if Lowry is back. I took his comments to mean it will be a difficult choice

I took it more as Maurice not wanting to discourage Roslo by outright saying there's no way he's going to straight play his way onto the team this season

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I took it more as Maurice not wanting to discourage Roslo by outright saying there's no way he's going to straight play his way onto the team this season

It wasn't definitive either way. Ambiguity at it's finest

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

That's a thing for fans not management. GM's try to maintain positive relationships with one another. It helps next time you need to make a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->