Value of: Brendan Lemieux contract

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
About the same as Josh Anderson, maybe a little less considering:
1. His performance to date is worst, but similar player.
2. Anderson squeezed a little extra by sitting.
3. Inflation.

So 3 x 1.75 ish

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
No idea what the Rangers would do, I'd like to see them go around 1.5- 1.7M for two years. Would leave him with two RFA years left after.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
While I agree that he wasn't misused, hes probably going to be better than Tanev.

That said, for a team looking to win now, going with the more trusted Tanev was the right and proper decision.
Let's not pretend Lemieux has massive upside. There's a good chance he's never better than Tanev.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'm not quite sure why he's worth 2 million a season, or what he has done to make himself worth that.
I’d pay him 2 mil easily. He’s like a younger Tom Wilson though he won’t be as good offensively, in his rookie season he scored 12 goals+5 assists in 63 games in a mostly 4th line role. He’s also very quick and has decent hands+shot, is aggressive on the forecheck, and sticks up for his teammates. I’d offer 2 mil pretty easily considering he’ll only get better from here and cap space wont be an issue for a while. He’s not some unskilled goon

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
With the recent signing of Crouse at 3 years 1.53 per, i would imagine Lemieux doesnt get more than that?

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
2 years 1.5m Hasn't done anything close to demand more. His next contract will be a different story but right now people are way over valuing him with this 2m+ shit. He has no leverage and no track record to earn anything more then a slight increase.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
2 years 1.5m Hasn't done anything close to demand more. His next contract will be a different story but right now people are way over valuing him with this 2m+ ****. He has no leverage and no track record to earn anything more then a slight increase.

Ya hes gotta come in under the 1.5 that Crouse just signed for 3 years

Reactions: SlapshotTheMovie

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Ya hes gotta come in under the 1.5 that Crouse just signed for 3 years
Exactly. Crouse has more NHL experience. Not that it matters much later on but early on draft position maters and Crouse was a 1st rounder in the top 15 as Lemieux was a second rounder. Also Crouse had staying power in the line up as Lemieux didn't until he came to NY. No way he should be getting over 2m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad