Value of: Brendan Lemieux contract

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What amount contract do you guys figure he will be signing?

He is a RFA and seems like he did well in NYR since being acquired.

Very curious what type of deal will be coming his way

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
$10.5M for 8 years - as this seems to be the HF Boards standard response.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He was not nearly as good as the Jets other 3-4 LWs. Hard to justify playing him above the 4th line. He was fortunate to go to a team with less depth to get more opportunity. It happens all the time in the NHL.
Fair enough

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
He wasn't misused at all. Who exactly should Lemieux have been playing ahead of on the Jets?

While I agree that he wasn't misused, hes probably going to be better than Tanev.

That said, for a team looking to win now, going with the more trusted Tanev was the right and proper decision.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Seems to be a trend for them. Lemieux, Hayes
agreed on Hayes. But not at all with Lemieux. He isn't playing over Ehlers and Connor on the left or Wheeler and Laine on the right, even with Laine's underwhelming year. I don't think Lemieux was good enough defensively to break up the Tanev-Lowry combo so there weren't many spots for more ice time.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seems to be a trend for them. Lemieux, Hayes
To be honest, there were a lot of Jets fans that thought that Lemieux should have sat instead of other young players like Vesalainen and Petan. He brought a lot of energy and scored some goals, but he had an unsustainably high shooting percentage and he was really bad in his own zone (and this is coming from one of his supporters among Jets fans)...

upload_2019-6-14_11-28-24.png

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
To be honest, there were a lot of Jets fans that thought that Lemieux should have sat instead of other young players like Vesalainen and Petan. He brought a lot of energy and scored some goals, but he had an unsustainably high shooting percentage and he was really bad in his own zone (and this is coming from one of his supporters among Jets fans)...

View attachment 236567
Thanks for that reply. He was decent in his own zone with the Rangers. Could be a new team inspired his play, could be Quinn's system and coaching.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
While I agree that he wasn't misused, hes probably going to be better than Tanev.

That said, for a team looking to win now, going with the more trusted Tanev was the right and proper decision.

Tanev was way, way better than Lemieux was for the Jets. Lemieux didn’t get any ice time because he was stuck behind the Jets stacked winger depth.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think 2 years is good, slightly higher in year 2. 2 million'ish cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad