Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher: Workin' Hard for His Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Yeah, I'm whining about players who are not producing during the playoffs in a hockey forum... Pretty shocking, no ?
1480092147-1477945635-1465556572-elrisitassticker3-copy.png

This is why big name free agents won't sign in Montreal. The amount of bashing players get here is insane.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Habs fan coming in peace........

Lol. Guess non Habs fans don't need to bother trashing this team.

Reactions: Hacketts

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Guy's got like 25P in 50 Playoff gms, he's coming off an injury and probably still not 100%.
He's also on against a line where were hoping he just survives.

Let's give him a chance here before coming full assault.
I'd spend my frustration against our first line, whom is all non existent.

The question is why does he play against that line? His main quality is to be in front of the opponent's net which is not that useful against that line. He's not bad defensively but he is not awesome either. He's small and not an extraordinary forechecker. He would work better against a less skilled line where he can just go in front of the net and do his things.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Gallagher will be the least of our problems in the next 6 years... the defense is worrying

I don't know about that. Players like Gallagher tend to age badly. He's gonna be 29 next years and i could see him becoming a 20G 40P player by the age of 32 without any problem. That would leave 3 years at 6.5 millions for a 40 points guy which is not ideal at all.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The play where Gallagher had an easy pass but decided to skate towards the bench where there were 2 Leafs waiting for him tells you all you need to know about his tunnel vision.

Reactions: the

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
I know we can not say bad things about Gally because he works hard and always look exhausted, but the guy never elevated his game in the playoffs. He's the skater that played the longest with the Habs and I don't recall him being a factor in any of the playoffs he's played. He's a warrior and we all love him, but if we can trade him for a good LW or a good LHD, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Gallagher is a good player but for all the hate Tatar gets for being ineffective in the playoffs, Gallagher, who is supposed to be one of our most important players (and gets paid as such) has been just as bad.

It’s always been the same crap. Few years ago it was guys like Plekanec and Pacioretty that were getting shit on for underperforming. Now it’s Danault and Tatar meanwhile Gallagher sucks just as bad but let’s attack the other guys. Gallagher has been awful but for whatever reason let’s shit on Tatar and let’s pretend that heart and soul guy is playing well.

It’s time to scratch him.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Good teams don't hold on to players past their prime. How many contenders stayed contenders by re-signing guys until they died? Players don't have 20 year careers without ups and downs. You get 6-7 good years out of a guy and they're likely never going to be that good again. Detroit basically killed their playoff streak by re-signing these depth guys forever; they easily could have retooled and stayed relevant forever. Unless they're HOF-types you need to change those players out. Gallagher is a Holmstrom, not an Yzerman. 6.5 mil, lol.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Harvey-Pinard is already a better hockey player, at least he can stickhandle and make a pass.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
don't like the length of his extension... but the guy is a warrior and he showed up tonight despite being in obvious pain. Doesn't deserve any criticism for tonight's embarrassment. Tatar, Staal, Anderson... all guys that could stand to learn a little thing or to about competing from Gally.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Didn't know we needed Gally's line to outproduce Matthews line as well for us to have a chance. Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad