Breakout players for 2016/17

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
:pens

Hopefully Maatta returns to his form of a couple of years ago. He started to play like that in the latter half of the playoffs. Pens need him to return to "future top pairing" Maatta, rather than simply "decent second pairing" Maatta.

Also, one of the youngsters (Rust, Sheary) need to have a breakout season offensively this year. If HBK stays together, the Pens will need one (or both) of those two to produce roughly 35+ points so that Crosby and/or Malkin have scoring options on their wing.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
For the Oilers, RNH, Draisaitl, and Klefbom.

League wide..

MacKinnon, Matthews, Dumba, Henrique, Ehlers, maybe Vesey?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
From Philly....Couts.

Only an injury kept him from putting up the points to be recognized. He was on a 50+ point pace last year and a 62 point pace from Nov 28th onward.

He could be a sleeper pick in a hockey pool where others view him as a sub 40 point guy.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild:

Parise. Opps breakout year, not break again. :sarcasm:

Defense: Brodin (at least for him) 25p with no PP time. It would be Dumba, but I think this is the year he learns/focuses on defense first.

Offense: Haula plays a while season like the last end of last year.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think Jones fully establishes himself as a true #1. He already eats minutes, but I think he's going to be the anchor of the D this year that should put up quite a few points.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
From Philly....Couts.

Only an injury kept him from putting up the points to be recognized. He was on a 50+ point pace last year and a 62 point pace from Nov 28th onward.

He could be a sleeper pick in a hockey pool where others view him as a sub 40 point guy.

He's already been really good IMO. Looked like a strong defensive C and showed flashes of the offensive talent that everyone talked about in his draft year. Would be pretty scary if he steps it up even more.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nylander will break in with a 50+pt rookie season, he's been developed for the past two years and I could see him getting 60 and leading the leafs in pts if all goes right this season. Definitely one of the players leafs fans are going to be watching eagerly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad