Player Discussion Breakout players 2021

Breakout player(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
People have gotten way too cold on Wolanin after his injury. I don’t ever think he will be a plus defender, but his transition and passing game is good enough to keep him in the league for several years. He could run PP2 right now.

Brannstrom is going to show why he was a top prospect in the league next year. Ottawa fans have not seen the full player I saw in Vegas / Chicago yet. It boggles my mind why so many fans are down on him here.

Reactions: Frank8

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Ladies and Gentlemen, Rudy Balcers

AHL
  1. 1.09 pts/game in the AHL (9th in AHL among players with 25 GP). Exactly the same as Norris and only slightly below L. Brown (1.12). Started the season with a 15 game point streak (22 points) to start the season last year.
  2. Held off the scoresheet in only 8 of his 33 games. That's more consistent scoring than any of Norris, Brown or Batherson.

NHL (past two seasons)
  • Rudy put up 1.36 pts/60. That's better than Logan Brown (1.20) or Drake Batherson (1.14)

I'm not saying he's going to be better than these other guys, but the proof is in the eating of the pudding folks. He deserves more love than he's getting here. Don't sleep on this guy.

Reactions: derriko

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I'd love nothing more than to see Brown mesh with Dadanov and put up a solid year (10G-30A type).

Gonna be a nice year to watch all the kids develop and see who breaks out. Yeah there will be growing pains but the depth should have them all competing well against each other for playing time in Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad