Player Discussion Breakout players 2021

Breakout player(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Which player or players do you think will break out next season?

Name your breakout player(s) and briefly explain why.

Criteria : Must have played at least 1 game in the NHL.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Tkachuk

edit: To clarify, I think Brady's playmaking abilities are super underrated, and I think he'll mesh very well with Dadonov. I can see him getting something like 27G-42A for 69pts

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
White - I think he has a better offensive season this yr because I think the team around him should be better. How much better is anyone's guess.

L. Brown - he has to be given a chance to play with decent linemates & if they can do that he can show that he has the skillset to be a decent NHL player.

Batherson - basically the same as L. Brown, he needs the ice time & the opportunity.

Formenton - his speed alone should put him in the NHL, but if he can get some opportunities to put up some pts, it should keep him there.

Norris - I think Norris continues to prove he is NHL ready & it will be just a matter of making roster room for him.

Wolanin - if he can return to his form before the injury & be an excellent PMD than it's a win for Ottawa. If he can also put up some decent pts that would be a bonus.

Paul - with a new contract & a coach that believes in him, he should have a much better season. Especially if they can put him with some linemates that can help him produce a little more offensively like L. Brown & Batherson as they did when they played together in Belleville.

Reactions: HSF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The older prospects

Logan Brown
Batherson
Abramov
Balcers
White
Wolanin

I think Norris bran stuetzle and Formenton continue to develop

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I hope they all break out, but I voted the tower of power big Logan Brown cause y'all sleep on him for some reason. Throwing him in every trade proposal, shame on all of you.
Ya I really think this guy is gonna be a force

Reactions: 2CHAINZ

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I think White will make a bounce back, and I think Batherson will really make a name for himself

Reactions: HSF

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Forgot to vote for White, but I think this is the season he establishes himself as a decent #2-3 Centre.
I voted for Batherson, Formenton and Norris. I'm still in wait-and-see mode with L. Brown and Brannstrom. Abramov's breakthrough will happen, but not this year and not necessarily with this org.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
White will bounce back, at least to some extent. I think Formenton will need to adapt the least of our prospects in order to make an offensive impact.If given opportunity, though, I think L Brown can put up very good offensive numbers and really help our PP. Maybe some wishful thinking, as I’ve defended him to anyone who will listen for a long time, but he’d be my pick.

I’ll give a dark horse nod to Abramov - not necessarily to the point where he is a regular NHLer, but to the point that it’s a very tough decision wetter we protect him from Seattle or not.I also think Chlapik establishes himself as a regular and Wolanin, if he stays healthy and is fully healed, I could see establishing himself as a legit offensive option on the backend

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I hope they all break out, but I voted the tower of power big Logan Brown cause y'all sleep on him for some reason. Throwing him in every trade proposal, shame on all of you.
Here here! I think he has a chance, he has the skill.

I really like Wolanin and Batherson to break out, they are two of the most mature players of that group and to me look the most polished.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Dadonov really changes things completely. A solid trigger man whos scored 25+ last 3 seasons with great all around game.

This is huge for Logan Brown, Tim Stuetzle our playmakers who needed goalscoring prowess to maximize their skillset. Even Tkachuk.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I said Batherson and Brown. Logan has everything needed to be an impact top 6 C and he should thrive on the PP, which Dadonov helps. Drake, likewise, has all the tools to be a great winger and not being relied upon to carry the right side of the attack with ED there should free him up mentally and give him confidence that he can go out and play his game and not be relied upon to be 2nd in attack after Brady.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
Tkachuk

edit: To clarify, I think Brady's playmaking abilities are super underrated, and I think he'll mesh very well with Dadonov. I can see him getting something like 27G-42A for 69pts

Nice.

And ideally Logan Brown. Seeing Tierney as the 1C in these lineup predictions is depressing.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Wolanin emerge as a serviceable second-pairing guy. He looked like he was getting more comfortable as the season was ending.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Wolanin emerge as a serviceable second-pairing guy. He looked like he was getting more comfortable as the season was ending.

He was absolutely invisible in the first 68 games of the season but towards the end in those 3 games he really looked like he was making more of an impact.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He was absolutely invisible in the first 68 games of the season but towards the end in those 3 games he really looked like he was making more of an impact.
Oofff you’re right. Mixed it up with his Belleville games after coming back from
injury.

Reactions: Boud

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Oofff you’re right. Mixed it up with his Belleville games after coming back from
injury.

Hahaha I'm just messing with you but I agree he did look good for a guy who missed so much time.

I think he has a role in the top 4 and should be a good addition this year.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Norris playing Center in the top 6 will be a huge focus for the team.

Best for the team is Logan Brown turns into a 50 point center and plays 15-18 minutes a night of good solid hockey. Norris will be fine, Browns standing with the club seems to be in question.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario

I completely agree on Brown! the only problem I have is he needs someone to play with... I don't think we can put him with other rookies/young players and expect them to succeed... I hope we re-sign Duclair and put them together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad