BREAKING: Oilers eliminated from 2015-2016 playoff contention

McDeathbyCheerios*

I don't think MacT could ever pull off the Tambo Troll face if we win the lotto.
No, watch Pitts fall, that pick win the lotto and MacT just gets up walks to the camera and says "GREAT DECADE OF OILERS HOCKEY" then he proceeds to trade McDavid for Phaneuf.

The Human Torch

Sep 7, 2005
Amsterdam
i would literally fly back to Edmonton and burn the Kingsway office to the ground if that happened. Unfortunately MacT is such a staggeringly terrible GM that I'd also not be surprised at all if something like that took shape at the draft.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
You only YOLO once.

XD

Great show.

tumblr_mij8xwLICY1qf1116o1_1280.jpg

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Mid-to-late November is being generous. Last week of October seems about right.

If they keep Nelson, the final result will drag out until around December, maybe late November.

If they fire Nelson and let Mactavish choose another coach who he feels coaches like him in ideological terms; yeah, they'll be out before October ends.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
OK everyone. Let's all send ourselves messages 8 months into the future.

#1: Can finally get it over with and trade Hall for a #1 d-man?
#2: Now is a good time to trade our first round pick. We can get a good asset for it now and then trade a roster player from a position of depth for a player that plays a position we greatly lack depth in. It'll make us a better team and will insure that we're not giving up such an early pick.
#3: The goaltending wouldn't be this bad if we had a better group of d-men to protect the net.
#4: That GDT that 488Fitter did the other day ago was out of this world. You guys should subscribe to his youtube channel. All of his hockey vids are very well done.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
If they keep Nelson, the final result will drag out until around December, maybe late November.

If they fire Nelson and let Mactavish choose another coach who he feels coaches like him in ideological terms; yeah, they'll be out before October ends.

There can't be 3 of those types of coaches, can there?

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Never too late to plan for the 2016 draft.

Here's a slogan: "Suck all day for Sean Day"

I don't like rhyming "day" with "day". It seems too much like something an early 90's rapper would do. Could I interest you in a "go all the way and suck for Day" or "don't play in May get Sean Day" or "wins don't pay if you want a new Day"?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The message I'm seeing from the Oilers org is that 15/16 really is another write-off season. Have to wait for the new arena season for the good stuff.

It's a smart message IMO. Because it's really hard to sell next year to people, if they say things will improve everyone knows they're full of crap. If they start to sell 2 years ahead, all the ticket holders will feel like they're gonna miss out on the amazing new arena season if they bail out of their season tickets now. So, might as well pay for 1 more crap year to still be able to see the amazing 16/17 season live.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
The message I'm seeing from the Oilers org is that 15/16 really is another write-off season. Have to wait for the new arena season for the good stuff.

It's a smart message IMO. Because it's really hard to sell next year to people, if they say things will improve everyone knows they're full of crap. If they start to sell 2 years ahead, all the ticket holders will feel like they're gonna miss out on the amazing new arena season if they bail out of their season tickets now. So, might as well pay for 1 more crap year to still be able to see the amazing 16/17 season live.

I don't know if this is representative of the average SHT or what... but are they that stupid? Both the Oilers ownership and management, along with the fans? And are the fans that naive? Are there that many rich people in Edmonton who just don't care and are literally willing to waste their money on this garbage, waiting with blind hope and the belief that its a foregone conclusion a new arena plus the maturity of their "star" players will inevitably lead to playoff success? I mean... you have to be pretty ****ing stupid/foolish... when all the evidence has been presented and is out there in the open... you don't even have to be moderately smart to see the litany of problems the team faces management, and player personnel wise. It's beyond bad.

This team will be lucky if they become Ovechkin's Capitals of 4-5 years ago (offensive juggernauts with ridiculously entertaining style of play but lack of playoff success).

This current core is done. They're just not that good. And I'll laugh when the Oilers are still bottom 10 in the league after the new barn is open... "Everything is going to plan, we're all working hard and are on the cusp"...

People need to get ****ing angry and talk to these STH and shake them violently to wake the **** up.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I don't know if this is representative of the average SHT or what... but are they that stupid? Both the Oilers ownership and management, along with the fans? And are the fans that naive? Are there that many rich people in Edmonton who just don't care and are literally willing to waste their money on this garbage, waiting with blind hope and the belief that its a foregone conclusion a new arena plus the maturity of their "star" players will inevitably lead to playoff success? I mean... you have to be pretty ****ing stupid/foolish... when all the evidence has been presented and is out there in the open... you don't even have to be moderately smart to see the litany of problems the team faces management, and player personnel wise. It's beyond bad.

This team will be lucky if they become Ovechkin's Capitals of 4-5 years ago (offensive juggernauts with ridiculously entertaining style of play but lack of playoff success).

This current core is done. They're just not that good. And I'll laugh when the Oilers are still bottom 10 in the league after the new barn is open... "Everything is going to plan, we're all working hard and are on the cusp"...

People need to get ****ing angry and talk to these STH and shake them violently to wake the **** up.

Sucks, but I think it will end up working fine for them. It's the last time that they can milk ticket holders that have been buying just to get their new arena seats. So, let's pack on extra hope selling that the huge turnaround we have all been waiting for will definitely happen in the first seasons in the new arena. Then hopefully the new arena just sells the tickets for them for 16/17, 17/18 and maybe 18/19. If the losing continues maybe they have to finally make some hard decisions with management around 2020 when people stop caring that the arena is new and actually start to care that they're paying thousands to watch crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad