GDT: BREAKING NEWS: THE BATTLE OF ALBERTA

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Flames hockey is very fun when they win. That Lucic - Backlund - Mangiapane line was surprisingly great to watch. I was groaning before the game started about Leivo being scratched so Looch could get onto the third line. Shows what I know

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Okay so if we keep rolling these 3 forward lines since they all look good/have promise:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Bennett
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Dube
Lucic - Backlund - Mangiapane

What should or will the 4th line be? Definitely not Rinaldo, Froese, Nordstrom...

Leivo - Simon -Robinson?

P.S. Stop trying to make Zavgorodny happen... at least this season.
Personally, until Ryan is healthy I thought Froese was good there and naturally plays centre. Plays solid defensively according to others so if we're gonna sit Nordstrom I think he should be in there. Nordstrom's awful 5v5 play does not justify his PK ability unless we do what we did with Rinaldo and pretty much bench him until PK's and double shift Gaudreau/Tkachuk there. Maybe keep Simon on the wing so that you can seamlessly insert Ryan back in when he's healthy?

Simon - Froese/Ryan - Leivo?

Think that puts the Flames in a solid spot if the top 9 holds up

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames hockey is very fun when they win. That Lucic - Backlund - Mangiapane line was surprisingly great to watch. I was groaning before the game started about Leivo being scratched so Looch could get onto the third line. Shows what I know

If he stopped making those stupid defensive zone turnover, the guy would actually be useful in a third line role. When your turnovers lead directly to goals multiple times in first ten games of the year; including some back breakers... it’s tough.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Oilers fan here, I apologize for posting but last night's broadcast was the worst I have ever seen.

If any of you feel the same please voice your displeasure. We deserve better.

[email protected]

Cheers

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
What are these things?!?! Goals?!?!

Wow, what a performance. Looch and Backlund contributing and 3 lines along with the dmen were all noticeable.

Dube looks like he took a step this game and hope it continues.

If your Edmonton, you now look to Mike Smith to save you....!

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Oilers fan here, I apologize for posting but last night's broadcast was the worst I have ever seen.

[email protected]

Cheers

What was wrong with the broadcast? Sounds like you Oilers fans are being sore losers and deflecting your frustration.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Oilers fans are upset about the Singh call on Gaudreau as if we didn't hear Kevin Quinn's CONNOR MCDAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID on national broadcasts

Yeah sometimes when DeBrusk, Remenda, Principe etc are the "National Broadcast" team I have to make sure I don't choke on my vomit but I don't run around emailing sportsnet.

The only thing wrong with the broadcast wad that silly "McDavid is a Big Ship and you gotta give him right away" nonsense, but I'm sure they're not complaining about that.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I hate to say it but I like the make up of the team without Ryan. He's clearly the most talented option we have for the 4th line but I feel as though his vanilla play, some what neuters the bottom 6 and it may very well be a case of points not being everything. Now I understand these fringe NHLers have a tendency to come crashing back down to earth but we have a lot of them and a constant rotation, should keep things fresh.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Folks, congratulations on beating the Oilers last night at their own run and gun game, but what is up with the reverse retro look?

Looks like the graphic designers went back to the Vancouver Canucks archives. It's too bad they didn't go with that Iginla/2004 era jersey, that one was an underrated look.

mark-giordano-retro-reverse-vs-tyler-myers-skate-jersey-darryl-dyck-cp.jpg;w=960

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Folks, congratulations on beating the Oilers last night at their own run and gun game, but what is up with the reverse retro look?

Looks like the graphic designers went back to the Vancouver Canucks archives. It's too bad they didn't go with that Iginla/2004 era jersey, that one was an underrated look.

mark-giordano-retro-reverse-vs-tyler-myers-skate-jersey-darryl-dyck-cp.jpg;w=960
Still trying to make our new players feel comfortable! I've never been a Blasty jersey fan either

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Like a hipster we took your old clothes and made them cool again. I personally preferred this new blasty jersey to the old ones.

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
Okay so if we keep rolling these 3 forward lines since they all look good/have promise:

What should or will the 4th line be? Definitely not Rinaldo, Froese, Nordstrom...

Leivo - Simon -Robinson?

P.S. Stop trying to make Zavgorodny happen... at least this season.

Best idea for the 4th line, no loyalty, no loss of sleep over it. I hardly noticed them and that's a good thing. Keep rotating warm bodies in/out there. bring your size against team like the Oil, mix it up against other teams.

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020

[email protected]

Cheers

Hanarayan Singh has paid his dues. He was a long term fixture on Flames Punjabi broadcasts and knows the teams. I think he's already doing well, but let's give him the season to even further improve on his English broadcasting skills - there is talent there.

Cassie, it's hard as she's married to a member of the Flames org. if she didn't gush over McDavid etc. then you would really want her gone. For my opinion, she has good games and not so good and isn't truly consistent as a color analyst should be.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hanarayan Singh has paid his dues. He was a long term fixture on Flames Punjabi broadcasts and knows the teams. I think he's already doing well, but let's give him the season to even further improve on his English broadcasting skills - there is talent there.

Cassie, it's hard as she's married to a member of the Flames org. if she didn't gush over McDavid etc. then you would really want her gone. For my opinion, she has good games and not so good and isn't truly consistent as a color analyst should be.

Singh grew up as an Oiler fan. They just didnt like his announcement on Johnny's goal...LOL

Next time, he needs to call it low tone and sad.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Singh doesn't need to go all Kermit the frog when someone scores. He did that earlier in the year when calling an Oiler's game. Yammamotooooh! When he doesn't do that he's not have bad. He made a few mistakes during the broadcast (mis-identifying players), but for the most part wasn't bad.

He is already better than Jim Hughson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad