Value of: Brayden Schenn to the Sabres

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
So they gave a 1st, a decent prospect, and 2 cap dumps for O'Reilly, and want 2 1sts. Or a first, Scandella,+. Or Reinhart? Plus O'Reilly had four years left on his contract, Schenn has 1.

Now if thats the route Buffalo wants to go, I can see giving their 1st back. If they want Scandella also, then there at least giving us their 2nd round pick, and taking Burgland back.

So to Buffalo
Schenn
Blues 2nd round pick

To St Louis
Blues 1st
Scandella
Berglund at 3.3 mil a year.
Conditional 3rd round pick if Schenn resigns.
Actually, that isn't bad ....

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Dont think the Blues ever do it within the division.

But gosh he would be such a wonderful fit as our 2C. I'd give up a nice package to get him on this team and would offer him ~7M for 5-6 years this summer.

Something like Colorado 1st + Jost + Timmins. That's a deal I'd make. It's a hefty package of futures and if St. Louis really does decide to tear things down and go full rebuild/retool getting a 1st + a good young Center and a Top prospect would be a great package for them.

Avs are in a position where we're fortunate enough to be able to part with such a package and still have a healthy amount of futures within the organization. Makar, Meloche, Girard all under 23 on Defense still. And still have Ottawa's 1st, our 2nd, and a pair of 3rd rounders for the 2019 draft.
Interesting. How about something based around Schenn for Zadorov?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Which part? Mentioning Makar or saying that 1st + Jost + Timmins > Lehtera + 1st + 1st? Makar's a bit of a non-sequitur, but he and the ottawa pick are our two bluechip futures so since the OTT pick was asked for I figured I'd head folks off at the pass on the Makar front.

As for saying our package would beat that package, I'm not sure what's so confusing? One of those 1sts washes out with our; leaving Jost + Timmins vs Lehtera + 1st. And since Lehtera was a cap dump for you (IIRC), one would have to rate a single 1st over Jost, Timmins & not needing to eat Lehtera's money, to argue that the price the Blues paid for Schenn was higher than the offer that Pierce proposed.

E:
Whoops, I quoted the wrong post. :confused: Meant to respond to this one:
You want schenn, we want ott 1st round pick 2019. Can add from thier

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Which part? Mentioning Makar or saying that 1st + Jost + Timmins > Lehtera + 1st + 1st? Makar's a bit of a non-sequitur, but he and the ottawa pick are our two bluechip futures so since the OTT pick was asked for I figured I'd head folks off at the pass on the Makar front.

As for saying our package would beat that package, I'm not sure what's so confusing? One of those 1sts washes out with our; leaving Jost + Timmins vs Lehtera + 1st. And since Lehtera was a cap dump for you (IIRC), one would have to rate a single 1st over Jost, Timmins & not needing to eat Lehtera's money, to argue that the price the Blues paid for Schenn was higher than the offer that Pierce proposed.

E:
Whoops, I quoted the wrong post. :confused: Meant to respond to this one:

This thread is one of the most chalked full of hot takes I've seen in recent memory.

I'll preface by saying I'd like to add schenn. He's a quality player. Not knocking him at all.

Multiple firsts for him? Ottawa s first for him? I think I've seen it all now. Colt55 is really setting the ridiculousNess bar high...

I'd entertain one of our firsts for him with minimal adds. Last year was not an indication of how he will settle to the mean average. He doesn't drive line but has intangibles in spades. I'd put important assets in play for him but nowhere near some of the asking prices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad