Confirmed with Link: Brayden Schenn Signs Multi-Year Deal [2 Years/$2.5M AAV]

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Well, I guess I have to hope we see him more often than wondering if he's dressed on any given night. Please prove me and my hate really wrong. K thanks.

Bryz4shiz

Feb 10, 2009
Alhoa Oe
Carter broke out the year he turned 23 and so did JVR... not sure if that's a positive omen or if Schenn will be shipped out on June 23, 2016

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He sure as hell has shown the bare minimal amount of potential to ever be much better as a center.

**** that, we don't need him to be a center, we need him to be a winger so he can put up goals next to our best player. I'll take 1LW over 2C any day of the week, especially if it can give G a boost.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
If the Schenn to 1LW is the move then we better hope he gets stronger on the puck. Too many times during the season I have heard JJ say "and Schenn losses it off his stick". He needs to become a better possession player.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
If the Schenn to 1LW is the move then we better hope he gets stronger on the puck. Too many times during the season I have heard JJ say "and Schenn losses it off his stick". He needs to become a better possession player.

Schenn needs to be slotted in permanently on the 1st line with G and Jake to give him confidence...so many times the coaches put him there don't see immediate results and hes demoted to the next line

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I hope this is schenn's breakout year. 20 goals with no real possession player on your line is nothing to scoff at, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pot 30 with G and Voracek

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's a good deal, but I don't think it means it's a given he's here in October.

JGalt

Jun 5, 2007
Huntingdon Vlly, PA
I don't buy the Schenn as 1LW theory. I think Hexy must be pretty confident he can move Vinny and bring in a FA for that spot.

UFA - G - Jake
Akeson/Laughton/Cousins/??? - B. Schenn - Simmonds
Umberger - Couts - Read

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Well, Hextall's radio interview today made it sound as though BSchenn will get a real chance at the spot, which is all we can ask for. I don't have any doubt that he will pursue a LW in FA. I've been suggesting Jussi Jokinen, and I think he's a realistic option.

I have no problem with having someone else as the 1LW just as long as it's tested and proven to be the best option. Right now, BSchenn is the only option.

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Jokinen-Couturier-Read
Umberger-Laughton-Simmonds

And if BSchenn is still at center:

Jokinen-Giroux-Simmonds
XXXXX-Schenn-Voracek
Umberger-Couturier-Read

That leaves us thin on LW, though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well...today we traded away a low 1st/high 2nd line LW and got back a 3rd line one. So hopefully Schenn steps into the vacant spot and gets 19-20 minutes a game and Hartnell's spot on the PP. If so, 50+ points is easily retainable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad