WJC: Brayden Schenn: Seperated shoulder in Swiss game

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Didn't see it posted anywhere, thought this deserved a thread:

“Third-period collapse,†said Canadian forward Brayden Schenn, the tournament’s top scorer who played since the Swiss game with a separated shoulder. “Last year, it was one goal. It was over quick. This time, five goals in one period. It’s tough. I think it was when they scored their second one (13 seconds after the first one), that kind of put us back on our heels.â€

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/WorldJunior/2011/01/05/16773171.html

Gutsy performance, but you could tell he looked a little different from the preliminary round.

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Interesting. Good thing it didn't interfere with him pimping his crest and one-footing it to the boards like a total doucher.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I call BS.

There is no way he had a separated shoulder.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
This seems to be the trend with every big game he fails to show up in.....

He seems to be quite injury prone if that's the case.

Kid_Roll

Oct 14, 2005
Vancouver
www.tsn.ca
I'm confused as to which big game in this tournament he didn't show up for. Care to enlighten us?

Braydon vs Luke. The Annual Schenn Domed TableTop Hockey Tournament.

Trailing 8-6 in the deciding game, Braydon pulled up lame, claiming he pulled his groin badly, and could not continue working the poles.

Braydon vs Luke. The Annual Air Hockey Tourney

Up 3-2 in the deciding game, Braydon pulled his abductor. Claiming he couldn't go on any further, the game was called. Braydon claims he won, as he was leading, but Luke claims he forfitted the game, due to injury. This remains one of the most controversial games in Schenn history.

Braydon vs Luke. The Annual Go Fish Tourney.

Braydon asks for a 4. Luke says no. Braydon claims he said "I wasn't finished, I was saying 'do you have any more' and I was going to say 8's". Do you have an 8?"

Luke argued and claimed Braydon was trying to cheat. Braydon pulls up lame with a broken collarbone. The game is called a draw.

As you can see, Braydon has a history of not only pulling out injuries, but of also lying and cheating.

It sickens me, to be honest.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I'm confused as to which big game in this tournament he didn't show up for. Care to enlighten us?

For the big games he never plays at a top level. Last years medal games, the memorial cup, and this year he slowed down considerably after his ridiculous pace against the worst teams. Then word sneaks out that he had an injury, like usual and everyone goes "Ohhh that explains it! What a trooper!".

He just doesn't seem to be living up to expectations of a 5th overall pick in a tremendous draft.

Last edited:

PhillyFrisco

Jun 29, 2007
www.blueprintz.ca

Braydon asks for a 4. Luke says no. Braydon claims he said "I wasn't finished, I was saying 'do you have any more' and I was going to say 8's". Do you have an 8?"

Luke argued and claimed Braydon was trying to cheat. Braydon pulls up lame with a broken collarbone. The game is called a draw.

HAHAHA, you win an internetz!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

Braydon vs Luke. The Annual Schenn Domed TableTop Hockey Tournament.

Trailing 8-6 in the deciding game, Braydon pulled up lame, claiming he pulled his groin badly, and could not continue working the poles.

Braydon vs Luke. The Annual Air Hockey Tourney

Up 3-2 in the deciding game, Braydon pulled his abductor. Claiming he couldn't go on any further, the game was called. Braydon claims he won, as he was leading, but Luke claims he forfitted the game, due to injury. This remains one of the most controversial games in Schenn history.

As you can see, Braydon has a history of not only pulling out injuries, but of also lying and cheating.

It sickens me, to be honest.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kind of off-topic but on the subject of Schenn, he definitely won't be back next year will he? Is he even elligble? I assume he'll be with the Kings or in the AHL next year? Or am I completely off? How many questions can I ask in one post?

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
For the big games he never plays at a top level. Last years medal games, the memorial cup, and this year he slowed down considerably after his ridiculous pace against the worst teams. Then word sneaks out that he had an injury, like usual and everyone goes "Ohhh that explains it! What a trooper!".

He had a goal and an assist in the gold medal game. Had Canada hung on to win that game, would you still be saying he slowed down in a medal game? That was a team-wide collapse/Russia taking the game over in the 3rd period. I'm not sure what more exactly you were expecting out of him.

Obviously he scored a lot of his points in the games against easier opponents. I do think he scored about half his points against the easier teams, I'll admit that. A kid who has played a handful of NHL games should light up a team like Norway (no offense to the Norwegians) Take out those games and he still would have been top 10 in scoring for the tournament. Canada scored I believe 39 goals all tournament, meaning Schenn scored or assisted on 46% of Canada's offense in the entire tournament. That's pretty impressive. Not to mention there were quite a times where Schenn had set the offense up or controlled the play on a power play for example and Canada ended up scoring but Schenn didn't get a point.

I see you edited your post, so I'll edit mine and ask. You say he's not living up to the expectations of a 5th overall pick from 2009. What expectations did you have of him?

Kid_Roll

Oct 14, 2005
Vancouver
www.tsn.ca
You know, my only complaint about Schenn was I felt he over passed the puck. He would be in good areas, like right in the slot, and he would still try to make a pass, instead of taking the shot. Like, it wasn't an obvious point at which to pass, he would try and force through a pass that had a very low chance of making it through.

Not a terrible criticism, but I still felt like he should have shot more in the good areas.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
He had a goal and an assist in the gold medal game. Had Canada hung on to win that game, would you still be saying he slowed down in a medal game? That was a team-wide collapse/Russia taking the game over in the 3rd period. I'm not sure what more exactly you were expecting out of him.

Obviously he scored a lot of his points in the games against easier opponents. I do think he scored about half his points against the easier teams, I'll admit that. A kid who has played a handful of NHL games should light up a team like Norway (no offense to the Norwegians) Take out those games and he still would have been top 10 in scoring for the tournament. Canada scored I believe 39 goals all tournament, meaning Schenn scored or assisted on 46% of Canada's offense in the entire tournament. That's pretty impressive. Not to mention there were quite a times where Schenn had set the offense up or controlled the play on a power play for example and Canada ended up scoring but Schenn didn't get a point.

I see you edited your post, so I'll edit mine and ask. You say he's not living up to the expectations of a 5th overall pick from 2009. What expectations did you have of him?

A player picked that high in his last year in the tournament should be a dominant force in the most important games. Schenn has never done that. He wasn't bad in any of them, he just wasn't taking over games. He had a great tournament, absolutely, and his injury is definitely a valid excuse. I clearly said in my first post, if these injuries are all very hampering, then he definitely has health issues, because I have never watched him play a game and went "Schenn was awesome, he definitely belongs in the class of players like Kane, OEL, Tavares, Duchene, and hell, even Kadri". Sure, he brings grit and a good two way game, but his upside is much lower then other players picked around him. Palmieri had an awesome round robin as well, but he was a disaster when the going got tough, obviously Schenn was nowhere near as bad, but it's the same situation. Tons of people question Schenn's status as a top 10 prospect in the world, I'm not the only one.

I think Schenn is an awesome player and a great prospect, and clearly you are a Kings fan, so it's perfectly understandable to wonder why someone questions your top prospect.

Edit: And I remember the announcers saying that after 3 games Schenn had 12 points. So in the big games he had 6 points in 4 games. Good? Absolutely. Groundbreaking? Most certainly not.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
A player picked that high in his last year in the tournament should be a dominant force in the most important games. Schenn has never done that. He wasn't bad in any of them, he just wasn't taking over games. He had a great tournament, absolutely, and his injury is definitely a valid excuse. I clearly said in my first post, if these injuries are all very hampering, then he definitely has health issues, because I have never watched him play a game and went "Schenn was awesome, he definitely belongs in the class of players like Kane, OEL, Tavares, Duchene, and hell, even Kadri". Sure, he brings grit and a good two way game, but his upside is much lower then other players picked around him. Palmieri had an awesome round robin as well, but he was a disaster when the going got tough, obviously Schenn was nowhere near as bad, but it's the same situation. Tons of people question Schenn's status as a top 10 prospect in the world, I'm not the only one.

I think Schenn is an awesome player and a great prospect, and clearly you are a Kings fan, so it's perfectly understandable to wonder why someone questions your top prospect.

Edit: And I remember the announcers saying that after 3 games Schenn had 12 points. So in the big games he had 6 points in 4 games. Good? Absolutely. Groundbreaking? Most certainly not.
The same Kadri who had a whopping 8 pts in his WJC appearance last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad