WJC: Brayden Schenn: Seperated shoulder in Swiss game

Hal 9000*

A separated shoulder sounds pretty painful.

Didn't that girl on "Survivor", Stephanie I think, separate a shoulder and have it popped back in right on the show?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
The same Kadri who had a whopping 8 pts in his WJC appearance last year?

Because points are everything. I have watched Kadri play plenty of times, and while he is overhyped beyond all belief, I have came away more impressed watching him then I ever have with Schenn. I think Kadri has more offensive upside as well.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Because points are everything. I have watched Kadri play plenty of times, and while he is overhyped beyond all belief, I have came away more impressed watching him then I ever have with Schenn. I think Kadri has more offensive upside as well.
Schenn put up more points in a more defensive league at a younger age yet he doesnt have the upside. Schenn ties the record for most points in a single tourney by a Canadian on a team with less firepower than last year and hes nothing special. Yet the amazing Kadri, whos more one dimensional, has the higher upside.

Brayden also had 8 points in 6 games last WJC. That experience obviously helped him to dominate this year.
I was pointing the fact that at the same age in the same tournament the huge difference in their point totals. This years team didnt have the firepower of last years team yet there was a world of difference between their performances.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Yeah, he did. A grade one separation.

That explains how he was still able to play. There's no severe tearing of the ligaments. It's basically a sprain. Type 2 or 3 and it would have popped out within a matter of shifts, and he'd be forced out of the lineup for 4-6 weeks.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

Care to make a ten year non-cash wager on their NHL totals by 2020?

I may win because Kadri could be stuck at 6.

Jwm1986

Apr 12, 2009
Los Angeles
Brayden Schenn has 2 points in 8 NHL games. Kadri has 6 in 17.

When THN and HF prospect rankings come out and Schenn is the #1 or #2 prospect overall, then what will you say? I mean, its gonna happen, so be prepared....

Schenn was outstanding all tournament....Despite being known as a great 2 way forward who plays with energy and toughness, he still has a very high offensive ceiling....

Thats what you call the perfect package....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Brayden Schenn has 2 points in 8 NHL games. Kadri has 6 in 17.

Apples to oranges.

If Kadri ever becomes a day-to-day NHLer (which I am not sure he will) and so does Schenn, then we can start comparing numbers.

There was a time when Joe Thornton had 7 points in his first 55 NHL games.

Daniel Tkaczuk, on the other hand, had 11 in 18 games (drafted the same year as Thornton). He led the Canadian WJC team in scoring in 1999.

Tzaczuk, highly regarded at the time, never played another NHL game. He is in a second tier Austrian league now.

My point is, you never can tell about young players, but I have a feeling Kadri is not the prospect the Leafs hope/wish he was. He looks like a player that wants the keys to the kingdom, but isn't willing to work for it. Schenn, on the other hand, looks like a guy destined to be a team captain in the NHL some day.

I could be wrong, but my money is on Schenn.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Schenn looked a little nervous with LA this year but he was in position to score a few goals and just couldn't bury his chances.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Apples to oranges.

If Kadri ever becomes a day-to-day NHLer (which I am not sure he will) and so does Schenn, then we can start comparing numbers.

Daniel Tkaczuk, on the other hand, had 11 in 18 games (drafted the same year as Thornton). He led the Canadian WJC team in scoring in 1999.

Tzaczuk, highly regarded at the time, never played another NHL game. He is in a second tier Austrian league now.

My point is, you never can tell about young players, but I have a feeling Kadri is not the prospect the Leafs hope/wish he was. He looks like a player that wants the keys to the kingdom, but isn't willing to work for it. Schenn, on the other hand, looks like a guy destined to be a team captain in the NHL some day.

This sentence is not based at all on Kadri's personality, but based on the fact that he is a skill player with defensive and physical holes.

Just because Kadri is flashy, doesnt mean he isnt willing to work. Believe me, once Kadri grows into his body and is able to play as fast as he did last season he will be a beast. He got bigger, now hes got to get faster

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Apples to oranges.

Tkazcuk always puzzled me. He seemed to have everything to be a top notch power forward. Went 1st overall ahead of Thornton in their OHL draft year, but for one reason or another his game didn't transfer over to the NHL

*** Sorry for getting off topic.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Apples to oranges.

I was never arguing who is or will be better. I was countering the moron above who said that Kadri would be stuck at 6 points. All I was saying is that Kadri has more points then Schenn does, so it was a dumb statement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad