Player Discussion: Brayden Point - Part 3

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I have an outside box the solution. We need caproom to sign other players in the future and our trading buddies are on the end of their rebuild. We trade Point to NYR with the contract signed to 8 years. We get a potential star in Kakko that could be as good as Point and they get Point who was an allstar and 40 goal scorer. There is questions if the team inflated Points stats,but he is a proven NHL talent. We get an unproven player yet immensely talented player on a ELC to make cap space during our cup window.

Reactions: DFC

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
images

When neither side gives way

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I'm starting to think it would be wise to consider the possibility that Point has played his last game for us. He clearly wants much more than we're capable of giving him, or most likely his agent does. Point seems like a pretty laid back guy, but he's also young and maybe his agent is using that against him. This is kind of reminding me of the Dwight Howard saga with Orlando back when he forced his way out. Not that it has reached that kind of level, but it's trending in that direction.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I'm starting to think it would be wise to consider the possibility that Point has played his last game for us. He clearly wants much more than we're capable of giving him, or most likely his agent does. Point seems like a pretty laid back guy, but he's also young and maybe his agent is using that against him. This is kind of reminding me of the Dwight Howard saga with Orlando back when he forced his way out. Not that it has reached that kind of level, but it's trending in that direction.

Jesus some people are impatient. If it’s december 1st and he isn’t signed then I would be worried but right now I couldn’t care less. We are nowhere near a point where we have to worry about him not playing for us again.

I could understand your comment if there were rumors of Point considering offersheets or if he himself said something worrisome but since nothing at all has happened I can’t really understand why you’ve come to the worst possible conclusion.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

na he will sign with tampa I just have no clue when but before December 1st

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
2 banners of point are up at arena TODAY is what i was told by a friend NOW that said doesnt mean anything in regards to a deal... point per my guys is home practicing.... im unsure accuracy cause no one knows for sure if he is recovered fully from surgery that id trust so maybe that is part of this why in the hell should we make offer if he cant play or change offer?

just my two cents for now...

per coils it might be he was wrong on at stadium? cant trust anyone haha

It's been reported that he's working out somewhere close to wherever he's from.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We're not even close to that universe yet. It's September 20.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gun to your head, which two do you guys keep next year?

Cernak
Sergachev
Cirelli

I’m saying keep the two C’s

1. Cernak
2. Cirelli
3. Sergachev

But things often change once the games get played.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Jesus some people are impatient. If it’s december 1st and he isn’t signed then I would be worried but right now I couldn’t care less. We are nowhere near a point where we have to worry about him not playing for us again.

I could understand your comment if there were rumors of Point considering offersheets or if he himself said something worrisome but since nothing at all has happened I can’t really understand why you’ve come to the worst possible conclusion.

What kind of relationship do you think he's going to have with the franchise if it takes until late November to get things worked out? His agent is saying they aren't close, and considering he still isn't signed that's not just agent speak, it's reality. If this carries on for another couple of months the relationship is going to be pretty bad. We don't seem like we're going to budge, and Point doesn't either. This type of scenario has led to players leaving many, many times across all professional leagues. As confused as you appear to be about my take, I'm equally confused about yours given this fact.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
It's been reported that he's working out somewhere close to wherever he's from.
i hear ya but unable to verify myself by writers or anyone that i would say could say this and be believable now wht do i know? I know cooper snunk him in to talk to jbb this happened they talked snunk him out he was seen in car with cooper... this i trust happeend.... but what if? surgery done not fully healed why would jbb do anything? his agent going out to talk at this time makes me believe that he would like a deal NOW but jbb holds all power normally an agent might offer or counter that isnt happening? that anyones talked about legit.... i think he cant play yet is all so why should jbb be trying to fix a negotiation for a player not able to play or show his cards at all???? i have tried to get more details on point on him supposably working out at home even the surgery has been a bit hush hush hush... really makes me think at this time we have no reason to work on things..... it has to be jbb's highest priority.... nothing at all being done? I FULLY 100% expected a new deal in offing on point after the news of the sneak it per lebrun we have done one deal 5.7 3 years.... whole thing is fishy to me.... will keep eyes ears to wire asked some writers and others whom know the kid hush hush hush ... p.s. ive heard he was working out also at home at this time.... yet is not a viable source was a random source for nhl rumors on twitter .... his agent didnt bring it up... hoping we get some news from writers somewhere or more from lebrun myself

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i hear ya but unable to verify myself by writers or anyone that i would say could say this and be believable now wht do i know? I know cooper snunk him in to talk to jbb this happened they talked snunk him out he was seen in car with cooper... this i trust happeend.... but what if? surgery done not fully healed why would jbb do anything? his agent going out to talk at this time makes me believe that he would like a deal NOW but jbb holds all power normally an agent might offer or counter that isnt happening? that anyones talked about legit.... i think he cant play yet is all so why should jbb be trying to fix a negotiation for a player not able to play or show his cards at all???? i have tried to get more details on point on him supposably working out at home even the surgery has been a bit hush hush hush... really makes me think at this time we have no reason to work on things..... it has to be jbb's highest priority.... nothing at all being done? I FULLY 100% expected a new deal in offing on point after the news of the sneak it per lebrun we have done one deal 5.7 3 years.... whole thing is fishy to me.... will keep eyes ears to wire asked some writers and others whom know the kid hush hush hush ... p.s. ive heard he was working out also at home at this time.... yet is not a viable source was a random source for nhl rumors on twitter .... his agent didnt bring it up... hoping we get some news from writers somewhere or more from lebrun myself

Well if we don’t sign him befor October 3rd we run out of cap space each day during the season. Look back at the leafs with William nylander his cap hit was higher in year one because he signed so late on December 1st! So if I’m brisebois I definitely try and get this deal signed before opening night.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
B41DA6F4-CF25-4CBC-B58C-34B623C4BA0C.png
Well if we don’t sign him befor October 3rd we run out of cap space each day during the season. Look back at the leafs with William nylander his cap hit was higher in year one because he signed so late on December 1st! So if I’m brisebois I definitely try and get this deal signed before opening night.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
What kind of relationship do you think he's going to have with the franchise if it takes until late November to get things worked out? His agent is saying they aren't close, and considering he still isn't signed that's not just agent speak, it's reality. If this carries on for another couple of months the relationship is going to be pretty bad. We don't seem like we're going to budge, and Point doesn't either. This type of scenario has led to players leaving many, many times across all professional leagues. As confused as you appear to be about my take, I'm equally confused about yours given this fact.
It's not late November. It's not even October.

We went through this same thing with Kucherov. Deep breaths.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We're gonna be fine. Everyone's just playing hardball. In the Stamkos saga we couldn't get a damn quote to the press nor get Stamkos himself to even comment on the matter. If anyone needed to be concerned about a player having had his last game with us, that was it. It got to the point where we were gonna potentially trade Bishop to Calgary at the draft and I think it's likely we'd have gotten either Monahan or Bennett back.

Here? Player, agent, organization are all saying the want to get it done. We just have to let the process play out. It's a staring contest and nothing else

Letsgobolts21

Apr 19, 2019
Yes and it's vitally important going forward for JBB to hold firm to the team based concept. If he caves on Point-even if you make the argument he's an exception--you are in trouble negotiating going forward.

Season doesn't start for 2 more weeks. I won't start to get nervous until mid October.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad