Bravo Benning. The D is pretty much rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Nobody else gave the OP a like for that post? I'm the only one? It was a interesting, refreshing post without all the toxic negativity. Too bad he'll never get to see his lone like because it said he was last seen on this site in 2016. You guys didn't run him off did you? "oh, somebody's in a good mood about the team, lets run him off."

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Nobody else gave the OP a like for that post? I'm the only one? It was a interesting, refreshing post without all the toxic negativity. Too bad he'll never get to see his lone like because it said he was last seen on this site in 2016. You guys didn't run him off did you? "oh, somebody's in a good mood about the team, lets run him off."
A post from three years ago?

That was so incredibly wrong?

Why are you so obviously ignorant lol

OP had Juolevi being a first pairing D, Gudbranson as a second pair D, with Tryamkin anchoring the third.

Two of those guys aren't in the NHL and the worst of the three plays for us and is the worst defenseman in the NHL.

Hmm

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
A post from three years ago?

That was so incredibly wrong?

Why are you so obviously ignorant lol

OP had Juolevi being a first pairing D, Gudbranson as a second pair D, with Tryamkin anchoring the third.

Two of those guys aren't in the NHL and the worst of the three plays for us and is the worst defenseman in the NHL.

Hmm
I didn't see a timeline on his prediction and when you draft a guy 5th overall, pretty safe to say the entire organization thought he's be a starter. I'm obviously ignorant because i obviously never got my grade 10, obviously.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Isn't he great, folks? Let's give him a big hand! He'll be back tomorrow from 8-10 in the Starfish Lounge! Remember our specials; Rickard's White $4.99 pints, and wings are 2 for 1 after 7!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Every time I see that comparison, I cringe.

Gudbranson over the past three years is comparable to last legs Bieksa in Anaheim.

Bieksa in his glory days was an absolute stud top four D.

It's actually hilarious to compare a player that was a pretty big fan favourite (Bieksa) to a player that is universally hated by the current fanbase (Gudbranson). At the time, I guess it could make sense, but Bieksa was loved a lot.

It's like comparing a player to Burrows (except KB3 wasn't as loved as Burr). Anyone from that 2011 team is basically adored, for good reasons.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
It's actually hilarious to compare a player that was a pretty big fan favourite (Bieksa) to a player that is universally hated by the current fanbase (Gudbranson). At the time, I guess it could make sense, but Bieksa was loved a lot.

It's like comparing a player to Burrows (except KB3 wasn't as loved as Burr). Anyone from that 2011 team is basically adored, for good reasons.

Except Aaron Rome. Man I miss the days when he and Tanner Glass were all we had to complain about.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
It really is all pretty depressing. Really is a shame Tryamkin didn't stick around. Aside from Stecher, I have no confidence in this defensive group going forward.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I only read the first post to make sure this was a real thread and I love it. I remember people saying how well Benning result our D and it was so hilarious then and even better now. Edler is actually this teams third most valuable player behind Markstrom and Pettersson. Tanev is fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad