Bravo Allvin. The D is pretty much rebuilt.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Compared to last year it is night and day, definite kudos for that.

I wish we could have nabbed Gavrikov in the offseason, but Ive been really impressed with Cole's play (recent wear down regardless). If we add a top 4 RD we are contending.

Yeah. It makes the rumoured Garland to LA more annoying as that might have prevented the Kings from signing him.

Reactions: Hansen

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Half the D is UFA when the season ends. Only 2 are signed. Hronek will be expensive. Really need at least 1 of the AHL guys to be a regular next season.

But for the remainder of the season, it's been good. If Bear could be swapped in for Myers, that would be another upgrade.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Half the D is UFA when the season ends. Only 2 are signed. Hronek will be expensive. Really need at least 1 of the AHL guys to be a regular next season.

But for the remainder of the season, it's been good. If Bear could be swapped in for Myers, that would be another upgrade.
Hronek comes in around 7 - 8mil
Zardorov comes in around 5
Myers around 2
Cole retires maybe or gets fit in with what is left.
The rest don't matter
17 million to sign them. That would be neutral. So room for another 2 million left before Cole. Maybe Tanev signs for 2 mil or close to it.

One or two drafted prospects hopefully. If they can make the team they are top 4 material offensively.

Trade Boeser and Garland and they have enough cap space to sign EP to 12 mil and have another 7 million in cap space from EP's, Boeser, Garland's current salaries. = 19 million. They could go UFA hunting up to 9 million.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I have full faith in what management is doing now and whatever they decide to do next. What a strange feeling. I don’t even know how to describe it, it’s like the opposite of being sad and afraid. Is there a word for that?

“Hope and joy?”

“No, not that far from sad and afraid”

“ Less sad and afraid?”

“Yeah”

58BB93D8-28C5-4B0C-A01B-59E7380AC200.png

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I want another top 4 righty but he’s doing some very good work

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
I want another top 4 righty but he’s doing some very good work

Yeah there was so much work to do that with all the good moves we're still not there, but definitely a lot closer now, enough that you can see a path to this working out on their projected timeframe with a couple more moves.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I have full faith in what management is doing now and whatever they decide to do next. What a strange feeling. I don’t even know how to describe it, it’s like the opposite of being sad and afraid. Is there a word for that?
Having competent management after James Elmer Benning's reign of terror with Wormtongue feels incredible. Never have a worry that they're going to make a stupid move that has the rest of the league making the team a laughing stock.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
IMO, lots of improvement and the structure os there for building a real D corps; however, in terms of a medium to long term solution, I want to wait to judge until Hronek et al are signed to new deals. Not sure there is an upgrade even as short term as next year without reasonable contracts for these guys (Cole, Zadorov, Meyers (likely gone), and Hronek). If Alvin can structure the salary cap from back there, then I might start to celebrate. Holding out until then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad