Brassard/ Zibanejad

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
I can see both players getting 65+ points with their new teams. The closer and closer the season gets the more these trades appear to be fits. Who gets more is the question?

What line gets more points total..

miller/Zib/Kreider
smith/Brassard/Ryan

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sens needed a playmaker and a left handed center. Brassard has looked great so far in the games he has played.

Rangers needed to get younger. Zibby from what i hear has been playing great as well so far.

Both teams got what they want.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
As a Sens fan who was hoping we'd draft Zibby- I hope this ends up a draw.

Seems like his issues were that he wasn't professional enough, though it wasn't anything of the toxic variety. If he gets focused on being a pro on and off the ice, I don't see how the Rangers don't win this one.

Brassard is a nice player and fills a definite need for us.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Is Zack Smith really going to be on the Sens top line

Seems likely to start the season there.

It will all depends on which Zack Smith shows up. The one from last year with 20+ goals or the 3rd/4th line Smith.

He's looked much better playing on the wing though then he did at Centre.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm still not too happy about the trade, but if Zibanejad on the PP means no more Stepan firing jiglypuffs into the goalie's chest, then that's a plus.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Oh my, Turris as their #1 C.....

He has been terrific in the role going all the way back to 2012-2013. He isn't your elite #1C but he gets the job done. By no means is he outmatched in the role. I'm excited to see more of Hoffman-Turris-Stone, that line was quite impressive up until Turris suffered his ankle injury.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I'm still not too happy about the trade, but if Zibanejad on the PP means no more Stepan firing jiglypuffs into the goalie's chest, then that's a plus.

I love the trade for us(NYR). Zib is alot younger, scored 51 points last season and Ott fans was like meh he isnt that good, very inconsistent. That shows how much potential he has in him. Has looked awesome in the preseason games, has one hell of a shot which we needed and he is RH which we also needed. We also got a 2nd round pick which is crazy to me but ive said it from day 1, i love the trade. Btw i loved Brass in NY aswell, sad to see him go but this was a trade that had to be made when we got the chance!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I love the trade for us(NYR). Zib is alot younger, scored 51 points last season and Ott fans was like meh he isnt that good, very inconsistent. That shows how much potential he has in him. Has looked awesome in the preseason games, has one hell of a shot which we needed and he is RH which we also needed. We also got a 2nd round pick which is crazy to me but ive said it from day 1, i love the trade. Btw i loved Brass in NY aswell, sad to see him go but this was a trade that had to be made when we got the chance!
Its not that Zib isnt a good player ,but what we seen from him is likely what you will see.He isnt some deer in the headlights 18 year old ,Zib has already played pretty close to 300 nhl games.He could progress a little further in a different system or with different players ,but expecting a huge gain in points is probably not going to happen at this point

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Our second line is probably going to be Kreider-ZBad-_____

Our first line is most likely Nash-Stepan-Zucc

Daily faceoff has them as:

Kreider - Stepan - Zucc
Vesey - Zibby - Nash
Miller - Hayes - Fast

So my question is why and how does Vesey earn a spot in the top 6 over speedy Miller. Unless these lines are nothing what like A.V. will roll with.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Daily faceoff has them as:

Kreider - Stepan - Zucc
Vesey - Zibby - Nash
Miller - Hayes - Fast

So my question is why and how does Vesey earn a spot in the top 6 over speedy Miller. Unless these lines are nothing what like A.V. will roll with.

Yeah no, Daily Faceoff is not what you want to go by here.

That's not the lines AV has been showing at practice and during preseason games.

The only lines he has consistently shown:

Kreider-ZBad-______
______-Hayes-Nash

Vesey and Buch are the most common LW and RW on those lines. Keep in mind, Stepan/Miller have only gotten back and played one preseason game. Zucc is playing his first preseason game tonight. That's three Top-9 players that need to fit in somehow.

Rangers haven't played a preseason game with most of their regular roster yet, but I can pretty much guarantee that DF doesn't have the lines correct.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't see 65+ plus but maybe 55-60.
Thats where i would say both players production will come in around ,just each one fitting a little better .The Sens and Rangers ,have been pretty close in terms of what they have up front for a little while now.Both dont have that one elite stud ,but they do generally have a deep top 6 of good to very good players

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Just being honest, and I would say this if he was still a Sen, but I think New York will be left wanting more from Zib. I felt that every season from him and there were minimal improvements from year to year. I question his desire to be a top end player in this league when he has all of the physical tools needed to be one.

From my limited viewings of Brassard, he has great vision and continually works. The two things Zib has always lacked.

If the Rangers can bring out the best in Zib I think it is clear who won the trade. I wouldn't put any bets on that.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I don't see 65 from either player, truth be told.

Definitely have never looked at zibby as being over 50pts really.

But who knows, I doubt brass get's it too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad