Value of: Brandon Sutter (zero retention)

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Brandon Sutter (zero retention)

Are there any teams out there that would accept Brandon Sutter with zero attention on Vancouver’s part?

Which teams could use Brandon Sutter? What would be fair value? (I’ve heard Andrew Shaw being named as a player that has similar value to that of Sutter).

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018

Are there any teams out there that would accept Brandon Sutter with zero attention on Vancouver’s part?

Which teams could use Brandon Sutter? What would be fair value? (I’ve heard Andrew Shaw being named as a player that has similar value to that of Sutter).

Not unless you except a bad contract back. If you offer Sutter and a 2nd for Smith to NYR, maybe. Sutter blows

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

actually. When healthy Shaw has brought out the best of Drouin and a Domi. Plus Montreal has Kotkaniemi in the 3C slot right now. Sutter really isn’t a fit for Montreal

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Shaw was near ppg in his last 23 games before getting injured. Quite happy him this season. He has been a huge contributor this year with Domi and Drouin.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Lucic + Puljujarvi + 3rd
For
Sutter + Goldobin

Retain 50% on Lucic and change the 3rd to a 1st

Man you are nuts and obviously don't see the untapped potential in Puljujarvi.

Now I don't know if Puljujarvi will ever get close to his potential but I had Mikko Rantanen in a keeper fantasy pool and guys laughed at me for protecting him.

No one is laughing now:nod:

Puljujarvi has the talent and if some GM believes that his coach can tap his potential they might try to trade for him.

But Lucic is just an ugly contract for another 4 years and even with that there is no way the Oilers would take Sutter and Goldy for Lucic, Puljujarvi and a 1st.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What do the Canucks want? Longish contract and that 15 team NTC is going to suppress interest/availability. Buffalo fans want Sobotka shot into the sun and need a viable 3 to push him out of playing center. Not sure if Botterill was overly involved in the move to Bonino, but if the value is relatively light, the Sabres might be a team interested.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Blues take him for Jake Allen. They have almost identical remaining term and $.

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
What is his contract ?
How about depending on his contract to St Louis for Alex Steen, and we will throw in Jake Allen also.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Is his contract insured? And might we interest you in one slightly used Victor Rask for Sutter and a mid-round pick? No retention

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad