Confirmed with Link: Brandon Sutter & 3rd to Vancouver for Nick Bonino, Adam Clendening, 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Sutter got a full NTC for the first three years of his deal and a limited one for the last two. I don't get it.

Sutter's a big name in Western Canada, I guess. If I'm Brett, I'm demanding a trade to Edmonton, then playing them and Calgary against each other whenever I'm UFA.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Good deal. NTC is a nice touch. :sarcasm:

1221339.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, I don't know how any GM in the league can watch Sutter's play for the past few seasons and think he's worth anything significant. Not one aspect of Sutter's play is outstanding. He's weak for his size, he plays a game that's soft as baby ****, he isn't any kind of offensive threat.

I don't get it. Is his name really that alluring?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah, I don't know how any GM in the league can watch Sutter's play for the past few seasons and think he's worth anything significant. Not one aspect of Sutter's play is outstanding. He's weak for his size, he plays a game that's soft as baby ****, he isn't any kind of offensive threat.

I don't get it. Is his name really that alluring?

He apparently has high-end intangibles.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Literally for just over 2mil more per season we have PHIL FLIPPING KESSEL

Ponder that for a second....

I still can't believe Kessel is a Pen. It won't sink in until I see him out there.

On the other hand, ff the Flyers or Rags (cap notwithstanding) had snared him for the modest return we gave up for him, this board would have melted down.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I still can't believe Kessel is a Pen. It won't sink in until I see him out there.

On the other hand, ff the Flyers or Rags (cap notwithstanding) had snared him for the modest return we gave up for him, this board would have melted down.

Imagine if all we did was re-sign Martin/Ehrhoff, then get Franson.:laugh:

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
It's definitely fascinating to watch/follow. I've never been this interested in a team's offseason other than the Penguins. Boston's too, though Sweeney hasn't done as poor of a job as Benning IMO.

The last time I found another teams' offseason so fascinating, the Islanders fired their GM after only 41 days on the job and replaced him with their backup goaltender!

I just realized that former backup goaltender is still the GM there. :amazed:

All kidding aside, it actually is remarkable how Garth Snow has evolved into a fairly competent GM.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Imagine if all we did was re-sign Martin/Ehrhoff, then get Franson.:laugh:

The Shero way, and re-sign Adams for another go because he's even more veterany. 3 years with a raise because someone else might want him.

Having Kessel is crazy. Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Perron, Hornqvist, Letang, Maatta, Pouliot and Fleury is a fun group.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
The Shero way, and re-sign Adams for another go because he's even more veterany. 3 years with a raise because someone else might want him.

Having Kessel is crazy. Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Perron, Hornqvist, Letang, Maatta, Pouliot and Fleury is a fun group.

Don't forget Plots, his airplane goal celebration is hilarious. And will probably get him decked in the NHL. But it will be fun.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Then that back-up goalie after his bumps along the road with a crazy owner, ended up doing a pretty decent job.

Snow is probably underrated these days. Weird right?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

And minus Sutter. Add Plots, Fehr and Bonino. Fun times ahead for sure.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I haven't really been keeping track so what exactly has Benning done that's so awful, apart from the Sutter trade and signing (which isn't entirely bad) and maybe Kassian (whom I'm not very high on anyway) for Prust? I looked at the list of transactions on tsn but nothing really jumped out as being absolutely terrible.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I haven't really been keeping track so what exactly has Benning done that's so awful, apart from the Sutter trade and signing (which isn't entirely bad) and maybe Kassian (whom I'm not very high on anyway) for Prust? I looked at the list of transactions on tsn but nothing really jumped out as being absolutely terrible.

Sbisa's contract and trading Lack instead of Markstrom or Miller stand out to me.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Sbisa's contract and trading Lack instead of Markstrom or Miller stand out to me.

I forgot all about Lack. I've been so busy I didn't even find out about the Sutter trade until 4 days after it happened. It's been hard keeping track of all the player movement this year. I still have no idea what Sbisa got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad