Confirmed with Link: Brandon Sutter & 3rd to Vancouver for Nick Bonino, Adam Clendening, 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
2 pages in and there is no "its happening" gif? Im disappointed. :P

I dont mind Sutter personally, but I would have done Bonino for him straight up. The fact that the Canucks added makes this even better. JR has done good this off season. If he can dump Scuds and possibly Kunitz it will make this a perfect offseason.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Interesting who plays where. Sundqvist, Fehr and Bonino can all play wing and center.

JR is ****ing man.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Love this trade! I also love how Yohe definitively says Fehr will be the third line center, even though Fehr will be out until December. That's quite impressive, to be on the IR and centering the third line.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Plotnikov - Malkin - Kessel
Fehr - Bonino - Dupuis
Wilson/Rust - Sundqvist - Bennett

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting who plays where. Sundqvist, Fehr and Bonino can all play wing and center.

JR is ****ing man.

I'd figure Fehr will be the 4th line C once he's back. Bonino will be 3rd.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Two good moves by Jim Rutherford today. He's starting to make up for acquiring Perron and Lovejoy. Now if he could find a couple of teams to dump those two on.;)

Dr Frasier Crane

Oct 16, 2008
Boston, MA
Well, this is fun. I've spent most of my work day operating at 20% efficiency due to the Jays trading for Tulo, but I may as well stop even trying at this point.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Line projections don't matter - we now have 5 legit top 6 guys (87, 71, Kessel, Hornqvist, Perron) and around 9 that can play up and down the lineup.

Move Scuderi and we can start working on JR's statue.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Line projections don't matter - we now have 5 legit top 6 guys (87, 71, Kessel, Hornqvist, Perron) and around 9 that can play up and down the lineup.

Move Scuderi and we can start working on JR's statue.

That would be icing on the cake on a terrific offseason.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Bonino is a center, isn't he?

I would expect something like:

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Plotnikov/Kunitz - Malkin - Kessel
Dupuis - Bonino - Fehr
Kunitz/Plotnikov - Sundqvist - Bennett

They wanted 4 scoring lines, they would have 4 scoring lines. The 3rd line would have three guys who can score between 15-20 goals. Nice.

Bonino can play LW, he's played on LW with Getzlaf and Perry before. I think this should solidly bump Kunitz down to the third line if everyone is healthy.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Smart move from JR, get some value for Sutter before he goes on to pastures new next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad