Confirmed with Link: Brandon Sutter & 3rd to Vancouver for Nick Bonino, Adam Clendening, 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm more or less of the exact same opinion as hoover on this one.

Bonino has hardly been a revelation but he aggravates me a hell of a lot less than Sutter did. But I also really, really didn't like Sutter... so it's a little tough to tell. And MJ was part of the aggravation as he overused him (the Malkin/Sutter experiment was one of the most infuriating things in a long list of infuriating things I suffered through with this team).

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah Bones is defensively solid, excellent on the pk, and does a good job at least just killing time while he's out there without actively hurting us.

I'd like more offense but I think that will come eventually. He's a guy who the past two years was good for around 40 points. I'm certain he'll heat up at some point.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's weird because his reads are usually pretty good. Or, in other words, he's LOOKING to make the right play most of the time. **** just isn't breaking right for him and the plays he's helping create aren't getting finished. Kind of a common refrain with this team... they just aren't very good finishers. Hopefully these last few games reminds these guys that's it's OK to score goals.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
It's weird because his reads are usually pretty good. Or, in other words, he's LOOKING to make the right play most of the time. **** just isn't breaking right for him and the plays he's helping create aren't getting finished. Kind of a common refrain with this team... they just aren't very good finishers. Hopefully these last few games reminds these guys that's it's OK to score goals.

This is exactly what I meant by you always feel something could happen on his shifts. It seems he, like everyone else, just needs some luck and a breakout game. With Sutter, he looked terrible and the results lined up except for a breakaway once in a blue moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad