Brandon Saad: Healthy Scratch

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Panarin and Kane was so fun to watch, not a true Hawks fan but this sucks.

Reactions: olli

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Blackhawks can’t trade him because they always lose Saad trades

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
The panarin trade is actually worse than the hall trade and the subban trade

The Hall and Subban trades are worse considering how dumb they were at the time. You KNEW they were bad trades and you still did it. This one is just bad luck considering how Saad has fallen.

Its like if you trade a dollar for a lambo and you drive it and crash and die the next day. Was it that bad of a trade? I mean...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Saad was super lazy when he was with CBJ, I was thrilled to get rid of him. Getting Bread, even if just for two years, was a big plus.

I do find it interesting that his laziness has carried over to CHI, though.

This is reaaallly stretching it. He wasn't lazy. Did he compete at his hardest all the time? Nah. But he isn't/wasn't good enough and the roster around him wasn't good enough for him to lazily score 50+ points two years in a row.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Saad for Abdelkader and Neilsen? Heck.. you can have Jimmy Howard too! ..... seriously tho.. anyone on the Wings you want who is signed long term besides Larkin.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Blackhawks couldn't afford psnstin. Kinda like the Leafs can't afford Nylander or Kapanen eventually. Saad was cost controlled.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
The Hall and Subban trades are worse considering how dumb they were at the time. You KNEW they were bad trades and you still did it. This one is just bad luck considering how Saad has fallen.

Its like if you trade a dollar for a lambo and you drive it and crash and die the next day. Was it that bad of a trade? I mean...

I like the Lambo referenc. Though this case was more like trading any other super car (Panarin) for a Lambo (Saad).

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
What a horrible trade for the Hawks that was. Probably set their re-tool back quite a bit. Even with Kane and Toews playing like Kane and Toews, they won't keep winning like they have. Most of their roster is complete garbage and they'll probably end up missing the playoffs again. Had they had Panarin, it would have helped them immensely. Potentially in a playoff position, but nope. They made a horrible, horrible trade.

Reactions: dkhockey

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

What? When Panarin got traded he was a 74+ pt player and Saad was a 53 pt player.
That was a terrible trade from the start.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Blackhawks couldn't afford psnstin. Kinda like the Leafs can't afford Nylander or Kapanen eventually. Saad was cost controlled.
You are better without two seasons of Panarin because you have Saad eating popcorn? Stop with this already. Yeah, Chicago would probably have lost Panarin for nothing. And now with this genius move Chicago lost Panarin for nothing. Two seasons earlier.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
For those saying it was a terrible trade, what were you expecting back? The Hawks couldn’t afford him. Period. If they’d have gotten anyone better than Saad was playing at the time, that player would have cost more money. If they could have afforded such a player, they would have just kept Panarin. This isn’t fantasy hockey where the salary cap doesn’t apply.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad