Value of: Brandon Montour to Winnipeg

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I would rather Niku for Montour alone.

But I see Montour flourishing the same way Pionk did here. Could say the same for DeMelo, but if DeMelo was on another team he'd be terrible. But I would love to do the trade because I think we could up the value of Montour plus Montour is part of the Evander Kane trade tree so it'd be funny.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would rather Niku for Montour alone.

But I see Montour flourishing the same way Pionk did here. Could say the same for DeMelo, but if DeMelo was on another team he'd be terrible. But I would love to do the trade because I think we could up the value of Montour plus Montour is part of the Evander Kane trade tree so it'd be funny.
Demelo already had underlying stats in Ottawa. Pionk had played one season for Rangers so was new to nhl. Montour has been in the league for awhile and been poor. Not same thing at all. Not even worth Niku.

Reactions: Snowman

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
What happen to Montour ? When Buffalo got him, he was known as good top 4 RHD defence men, maybe he still a good defence men that just needs to get away from Buffalo (not to a salt to wounds of buffalo fans but the team is like dumpster fire)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
What happen to Montour ? When Buffalo got him, he was known as good top 4 RHD defence men, maybe he still a good defence men that just needs to get away from Buffalo (not to a salt to wounds of buffalo fans but the team is like dumpster fire)
It might be wise to give all Buffalo players a pass. Most if not all of them would more than likely do better away from that tire fire.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It might be wise to give all Buffalo players a pass. Most if not all of them would more than likely do better away from that tire fire.
If they all get a pass then none of them get a pass.

I mean, if you say "Player A is dragged down by crappy teammates." And you say that about Players B-Z too... then they all suck. The good players are dragged down. The question is where is the line between the draggers and the draggees.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If they all get a pass then none of them get a pass.

I mean, if you say "Player A is dragged down by crappy teammates." And you say that about Players B-Z too... then they all suck. The good players are dragged down. The question is where is the line between the draggers and the draggees.
Terrain theory could be at work here. All the fish are unhealthy in dirty water, but change the water and they all get healthy again.

Reactions: hn777

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Terrain theory could be at work here. All the fish are unhealthy in dirty water, but change the water and they all get healthy again.

I mean, nobody has been harder on the dirty water in Buffalo than me, as I said 6 years ago (or whenever the tank was) that purposely being horrible for 2 years is a really dumb strategy that, while coming with 2 top 2 picks, has a lot of long term unintended consequences and dangers.

Most Sabres fans laughed that notion off. "No team that has ever tanked has ever had the shear number of picks and prospects already in the pipeline!"

So yeah, there' something to what you are saying.

At the same time, teams trading for these guys have to be able to distinguish between the fish that are going to be healthy and the ones that are just going to float on their backs belly up.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Saw on some discussions that they were playing him for some time on the left side....Bad team struggles can take guys performance down I think he's worth a shot at right price and Ullmark the goalie next year might surprise as a free agent too for those same reasons imo....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad