Confirmed with Link: Brandon Manning signs one year contract extension (reported at $625,000)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Of course he's better than AMac and Gross. He has made two major mistakes that have led to goals. Other than that, he hasn't looked worse than any other Dman so far this year.

As far as what he brings to the table, he is an above average skater and passer. He has good offensive instincts and is a decent fighter. My main problem with him so far is that he has simplified his game too much this year. Manning needs to forget that and go ahead and pick up the pace. Pretend it's the AHL instead of the NHL. He needs to play with confidence and not be afraid to loosen up a bit. Then we will all see the real Brandon Manning. Hopefully it starts tonight in Calgary.

Well, well, well. It looks like your boy Monning is getting notice by a Calgary blogger. Good on him for people noticing!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Todd...gary-Flames-Karri-Ramo-Starts-Again/202/72267

"3) Pressure, pressure, pressure. The Flyers don't have many puck movers on their back end and Brandon Manning as well as Nick Schultz in particular have been tire fires in the defensive zone this season. Pressure them and they'll make mistakes"

Oops...looks like it's not only Flyers fans noticing.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
MixedAssuredGrouse.gif

"Above average skater"

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Of course he's better than AMac and Gross. He has made two major mistakes that have led to goals. Other than that, he hasn't looked worse than any other Dman so far this year.

As far as what he brings to the table, he is an above average skater and passer. He has good offensive instincts and is a decent fighter. My main problem with him so far is that he has simplified his game too much this year. Manning needs to forget that and go ahead and pick up the pace. Pretend it's the AHL instead of the NHL. He needs to play with confidence and not be afraid to loosen up a bit. Then we will all see the real Brandon Manning. Hopefully it starts tonight in Calgary.

9wnd3T8.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Of course he's better than AMac and Gross.

Wrong.

He has made two major mistakes that have led to goals. Other than that, he hasn't looked worse than any other Dman so far this year.

Only two?

Wrong.

As far as what he brings to the table, he is an above average skater and passer.

Wrong.

He has good offensive instincts and is a decent fighter.

Wrong.

My main problem with him so far is that he has simplified his game too much this year. Manning needs to forget that and go ahead and pick up the pace. Pretend it's the AHL instead of the NHL. He needs to play with confidence and not be afraid to loosen up a bit. Then we will all see the real Brandon Manning. Hopefully it starts tonight in Calgary.

He needs to go back to the AHL is what he needs to do. He's not an NHL player because his offense is AHL level and his defense is ECHL level. It's not a matter of confidence, it's a matter of intelligence and ability, and he's severely lacking in both.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Here's an idea...why don't we all close our eyes and send him some positive vibes for tonight's game. Instead of hoping he makes mistakes, let's hope instead he has a breakout game. All Brandon needs is some confidence from the true Philly fans. Thank you all for the support.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ohhhh of course. It's our "negative vibes" making him play like an ECHL'er, not the fact that he's not even nearly good enough to play in the NHL.

Nobody's hoping he screws up, we're hoping he ****s off to a lesser league so we don't need to deal with his screw ups anymore.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Here's an idea...why don't we all close our eyes and send him some positive vibes for tonight's game. Instead of hoping he makes mistakes, let's hope instead he has a breakout game. All Brandon needs is some confidence from the true Philly fans. Thank you all for the support.

lol.

I wish he could become rookie of the year. We all do. But we know that is not happening. He is catching flack due to how poor he has been on the ice. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

And deep down, you know this is true.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

You are honestly telling me you think Brandon Manning as an above average skater and passer at the NHL level. That is all that matters if it is above average at this level, it doesn't matter if it is above average compared to you or me, or the AHL or hockey in general or above average compared to his other skills. All that matters is he has a few tool in his toolbox (even one) that is above average for the NHL. I honestly don't think he does.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

I sacrificed a goat a burnt a picture of Michael Leighton in hopes of appeasing the hockey gods so they would bestow Brandon Manning with at least moderate level of NHL talent. If the gods are not happy are turn his back on him what do we do then?

P.S. Could somebody send me some positive vibes as well. I have a hockey game on Sunday and we are on a 4 game losing streak. I feel like if I just had some positive vibes coming my way I could pot a double hat trick as a defensemen and propel my team to victory!

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
You are honestly telling me you think Brandon Manning as an above average skater and passer at the NHL level.

Well, just take the advice offered and imagine the NHL is the AHL. :) And now imagine how good Manning could be, if only we all could imagine the NHL is the ECHL.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014

LOL. Open your eyes. :laugh:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

Come on bro.

No one is hoping he Fs up, the Flyers suffer when he does. I mean why would anyone even care to hope that? lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad