Waived: Brandon Gormley (Clears Waivers)

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Yotes fan here, what happened? I liked the kid and was hoping he would have a breakout year with the Avs.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
I guess Roy does not think he'll ever be strong enough. After watching Guenin last night I don't understand how he can back in the line up.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Yotes fan here, what happened? I liked the kid and was hoping he would have a breakout year with the Avs.

Nothing happened.
Roy loves plugs who can't skate or pass the puck.
Gormley is okay at both so didn't fit the roster.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
So, here we are, in 2016 and...

- Guenin's not only on the roster, but plays.
- Holden's not only on the roster, but plays.
- Redmond's not only on the roster, but plays.
- Stuart's still on the roster.
- The big piece from the O'Reilly trade is in the AHL.
- The young puckmover we picked up has been put on waivers.

It's hard to justify this crap, even though 'Olden has played pretty well. I'm starting to fear that no matter who the personnel is, Patrick will stick to his favourites and won't change his mind. The Guenin thing is alarming because he was a Tourigny/Foote guy, not a Patrick guy, yet here he is playing almost as much as Holden, a true Patrick guy.

This is bad, bad, bad.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I may be in the minority here but I did not see a quality NHL defenseman in Gormley.

Is he better than Guenin? Without a doubt. But Roy has shown he needs his defensemen to hold their position and Gormley was too easily pushed off of the puck and did not provide enough offense to justify his shortcomings in regards to strength and defense.

He can make a good outlet pass and is smart but is not the best skater and does not have NHL size or strength. Honestly, I prefer what I saw out of Bod than him.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
But Roy has shown he needs his defensemen to hold their position and (Gormley) Guenin was too easily pushed off of the puck and did (not) provide (enough) no offense to justify his shortcomings in regards to strength and defense.

Fixed with Guenin.

At least Gormley knew how to pass.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Maybe we're calling up a LHD? Guenin plays RH doesn't he? Desperately stretching for a reason here. Rolling with 6 healthy defensemen seems risky.

I'll be pretty surprised if Gormley isn't claimed.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm not overly bothered by it, Gormley and Redmond are two guys who were interesting for a bit but will never truly help this team. The fact that Guenin is still here is the only thing that makes it stupid.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If he gets claimed the Lindros Trade Tree will officially end...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Milan Hejduk getting injured off the shoulder of Paul Stastny . I watched Bordeleau dangle near the Avs bench. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Soo...

Guenin, Stuart, Redmond, Holden on the roster. None of them is better right now than Gormley aside from maybe Holden.

None of those guys have any upside.

We claim a 27 year old D off waivers who is smaller than Barrie...

After that we waive the only of those above guys that had the potential to be useful one day after EJ got hurt and we keep playing all those plugs?

Yeah. Good luck defending that one. I am not saying that Gormley will ever amount to much.
But he wasn't worse than the others and he atleast had some upside.

Great job guys. Even if he does not get claimed (and I think he should), he will rot away in the AHL with Dean.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
The move doesn't make much sense in the context of things.

But evaluating Gormley's play, he wasn't bringing much to the table. I thought he was going to be really good when the Avalanche traded for him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So, here we are, in 2016 and...

- Guenin's not only on the roster, but plays.
- Holden's not only on the roster, but plays.
- Redmond's not only on the roster, but plays.
- Stuart's still on the roster.
- The big piece from the O'Reilly trade is in the AHL.
- The young puckmover we picked up has been put on waivers.

It's hard to justify this crap, even though 'Olden has played pretty well. I'm starting to fear that no matter who the personnel is, Patrick will stick to his favourites and won't change his mind. The Guenin thing is alarming because he was a Tourigny/Foote guy, not a Patrick guy, yet here he is playing almost as much as Holden, a true Patrick guy.

This is bad, bad, bad.

Maybe he's found a way to endear himself to Farrish....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad