Value of: Brandon Carlo

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
The demand for Carlo would drive the price up so high. Theres so many teams who could use a young right shot d man with upside. Cant put a value on him but I imagine it's a ton.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I have never been the biggest Carlo guy. But, he has really turned a corner since a couple weeks before he got knocked out last year. Legit legit shutdown guy. Don't see him going anywhere unless as part of an upgrade or for a young top 6 C.

edit: I mean I thought the Bruins were CRAZY for not wanting to part with Carlo in a Duchene or Landy deal. Like bat shit crazy. But now I think they were right.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'll tell you what his fantasy value is... He's wrecking my team. I'm trying to trade him but noone will take him.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Think they’d have a hard time dealing Carlo even if they want to.

Especially after today as their RD depth just fell apart completely and the Kampfer era has begun. Yikes!!

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I can see Philadelphia being interested.

What, reasonably speaking, would it take from Philly? I don’t know his exact value, I don’t feel like regressing it, but what would it take from Philly?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
So what is his value? The point of the thread was to see what people think he’s worth, not make a trade.

You're not going to get an accurate read on that. I mean think about it... he's young, big (6-5), can skate and doesn't handle the puck like it's a grenade, is extremely good defensively, and is a RD to boot. No one in their right mind would want to trade this player. He might not turn into a top pairing guy (unless his offensive game really picks up)... but he's going to be very very good, and it's not going to take long for that to happen.

Which means unless someone offers up something extremely tempting - and then a little more to push Boston over the edge, Boston won't trade him.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
So what is his value? The point of the thread was to see what people think he’s worth, not make a trade.

Carlo is good and is only getting better but I can see the Bruins dealing him with McAvoy on board. The Bruins need a young gifted forward to go along with DeBrusk and Pasta preferably a center.. Carlo could be just that guy the Bruins need to move to get it done.

The Bruins have no future number one center on the horizon unless Studnicka or Frederic, make the leap but I feel their more suited for a 2nd line roll down the road. Carlo could be the guy who can be the center piece of a deal to bring one in. He's the Brad McCrimmon of the late 70's early 80's when the Bruins had Ray Bourque, expendable but he isn't going cheap.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
The reason Brendan Carlo doesn't put up big numbers is because he's a stay at home Defensemen, McAvoy is a play making Defensemen, and Krug is a powerplay Defensemen he is the quarterback on Bruins powerplays. As you can see they each play a role, that is why Boston will NOT trade any of these Defensemen.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
He’s played great this season. Every time he gets close to scoring a goal he forgets where he is. Luckily, we don’t count on him for that. Easily our best one-on-one defender, skates better than most Dmen, is 6’5” and possibly still growing, his value is quite high right now.

That being said, I thought he would have been a piece the Bruins would have offered up to get Karlsson from Ottawa. But that ship has sailed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad