Value of: Brandon Carlo

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He’s played great this season. Every time he gets close to scoring a goal he forgets where he is. Luckily, we don’t count on him for that. Easily our best one-on-one defender, skates better than most Dmen, is 6’5” and possibly still growing, his value is quite high right now.

That being said, I thought he would have been a piece the Bruins would have offered up to get Karlsson from Ottawa. But that ship has sailed.

Chara still better in most situations.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If you are looking for any offense or even transition game, keep looking.

However his shut down potential is incredible and his skating is immaculate. I'm very glad he wasn't traded to Colorado.

He's done what I feared he couldn't - developed a tougher, mean streak. Plenty of room to grow of course.

Of course if Boston could package him with a 1st to get a similar aged top line center like Horvat or Couturier etc, sign me up.

Drunkenfish

Oct 1, 2018
If you are looking for any offense or even transition game, keep looking.

However his shut down potential is incredible and his skating is immaculate. I'm very glad he wasn't traded to Colorado.

He's done what I feared he couldn't - developed a tougher, mean streak. Plenty of room to grow of course.
His first pass is not that bad for a stay at home.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I'd love him on the Avs and I would think he wold be excited to play for his hometown.

A deal around Tyson Barrie possible? Obviously would take some adding from both sides to balance it out.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I'd love him on the Avs and I would think he wold be excited to play for his hometown.

A deal around Tyson Barrie possible? Obviously would take some adding from both sides to balance it out.

We don't need a right handed Krug, despite Barries talent. I would guess the only way Carlo gets moved is if hes in a package to upgrade somewhere for the long term. Aka, a signed Panarin. I think we could absorb losing Carlo this yeah with K Miller and J Moore manning the 2nd and 3rd RHD pairings, but I'd be hesitant to move Carlo without a D coming back.

I just don't see a trade with Carlo happening any time soon. Hes a big part of our D corp and we'd eventually have to replace his long term place in the franchise.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Yeah top 6 C or RW is the need. And an actual good one. With Krug and McAvoy (as much as I like Barrie) just not a fit at all.

edit: to put it in exact terms... someone like Jost would not be enough.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

no knock on Barrie, but have no desire to move Carlo for a redundant piece. Bruins have Krug already

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I have never been the biggest Carlo guy. But, he has really turned a corner since a couple weeks before he got knocked out last year. Legit legit shutdown guy. Don't see him going anywhere unless as part of an upgrade or for a young top 6 C.

edit: I mean I thought the Bruins were CRAZY for not wanting to part with Carlo in a Duchene or Landy deal. Like bat **** crazy. But now I think they were right.

For Landy they were. Carlo is good but Landy is way more than good and everything the Bruins need on the wing

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
For Landy they were. Carlo is good but Landy is way more than good and everything the Bruins need on the wing

I mean depends on what the plusses were, right? The 1st (which became Vaakanainen) would have most certainly been involved. And likely one of the winger prospects (Heinen, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, etc). It was never 1 for 1.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- 2nd pairing RH shot under the age of 23

- above average skater, especially for his size

- can be depended on to play over 20 minutes a game

- great defensive reads

- solid first pass and transition skills. Quickly moves the puck up

- great size and reach

- below average shot

- offensive IQ is there, but doesn't take enough chances to maximize his offensive potential

- while getting better at being physical, it's still a work in progress

There really isn't any set worth for a young player like him, since there's still a lot of room to grow and skills to be worked on. He's not a superstar, but he's not a JAG either. I would imagine young D with size and can play a vital role ( shutdown D with transition skills ) aren't cheap.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Think Carlo is in the more valuable to the Bruins than other teams are willing to pay for territory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad