Player Discussion Brandon Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I wouldn't worry about a legit No.1 guy if your running out a 6 man group that are all legit 2s-3s-4s.

Unconventional no doubt.

Could it work? Absolutely.

I don't think it'll be necessary - I fully expect McAvoy to be an all-encompassing No.1, and I'll be disappointed with anything less. It might seem overzealous but sometimes expectation can be good, if a player thrives on it. The post-draft interview that he did with Haggs was seriously impressive - he wants to be the best.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I don't think it'll be necessary - I fully expect McAvoy to be an all-encompassing No.1, and I'll be disappointed with anything less. It might seem overzealous but sometimes expectation can be good, if a player thrives on it. The post-draft interview that he did with Haggs was seriously impressive - he wants to be the best.

I think I need to see him on NHL ice before I anoint him a future #1, but I will be very surprised if he isn't in the top four and a PP unit by the end of next year.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
A lot of assumptions my man....

Definitely. But with the way Carlo has been playing at 19, no reason not to think he's only going to get better. McAvoy by everything I've seen and also heard, has all the tools.

I think it safe to say O'Gara will not be a #1 D in NHL.

I don't I was implying that he would. I couldn't agree more with you. I was stating that I don't think anyone on the left side would be become a #1 guy. But the previous poster was talking about future depth and left him and Lauzon out. Two guys that could definitely make an impact.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Anyone else impressed with this kid?

I think he is going to be something special. He plays smart, hard, is a good skater, has great balance and is hard to move, he battles, has size, can pass, etc. He also seems to be an absolute professional in his approach to the game and his play. Also... he just barely turned 20? I think we are in for a treat with him. Career top pairing D, maybe #1.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I think he is going to be something special. He plays smart, hard, is a good skater, has great balance and is hard to move, he battles, has size, can pass, etc. He also seems to be an absolute professional in his approach to the game and his play. Also... he just barely turned 20? I think we are in for a treat with him. Career top pairing D, maybe #1.

I'm extremely impressed with him..
I don't think he's going to be that number 1 guy though. I do think that McAvoy will be a number 1 and will pair with Carlo to give us one hell of a top pairing.

Or if its right-right issue he anchors the second pair.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much

Absolutely, and getting to mentor with Chara has been invaluable. I'm blown away with his play since Z's injury, so much poise.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Can't remember a rookie fitting in this seamlessly; he just instantly integrated himself into the line-up as a key player. Poise is the number one thing that stands out with him. Pretty rare for a 19/20 year old d-man to be so cool under pressure. Just seems to be one smart play after another.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
He looked great in the WJC last year and that got me excited about his potential. Didn't expect him to be doing this well so early though.

A rare combination of size and mobility.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Carlo is everything the Bruins expected Kluzak to be when they drafted him. Too bad he had wonky knees.

Story of this season to me has been Carlo Rask & Pastrnak

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Yes, poise. That is the key word that I was missing, and describes exactly what I was trying to convey.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Carlo is everything the Bruins expected Kluzak to be when they drafted him. Too bad he had wonky knees.

Story of this season to me has been Carlo Rask & Pastrnak

Kluzak had much more offensive skill. I think the Bruins were expecting him to be a top 5 in the league defenseman.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Carlo is on pace for 20 points. I'd be very pleased if he can be a 20-30 point guy and play top four minutes. He is 100% what the Bruins were missing.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Carlo is on pace for 20 points. I'd be very pleased if he can be a 20-30 point guy and play top four minutes. He is 100% what the Bruins were missing.

I do feel like there is some kind of offensive upside with this kid, simply because his skating is so good - he gets into good positions frequently but you can still sense the slight uncertainty when he shoots or makes a play. If he turns into a 30 point guy that'd be perfect.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
2 2nds for Boychuk is still a terrible trade.
At the time
It was at the time I agree and probably cost Boston a playoff appearance and Chiarelli his job

Today
The Bruins picked Carlo & Lingren

Boychuk has one of the worst contracts in the game

Bad fortune followed by good fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad