Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Great read.

Chara and Carlo will make a very good duo for the next two year. Hopefully, McAvoy can do the same thing next year that Carlo did, come in and contribute. Bruins would have a very good top-4. And inexpensive allowing money to be spend on a UFA on D or to help the offense with a scoring winger.

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McAvoy

Love the look of that top-4.

Morrow should play over C Miller in my opinion. It's been beaten to death I know but with the unexpected emergence of Carlo and the rejuvenation of Chara , it would do wonders to add a good defenseman . Many expected the D to suck ( myself included) and adding 1 defenseman to a horrible back end wouldn't make a difference but I don't think that is the case now.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Morrow should play over C Miller in my opinion. It's been beaten to death I know but with the unexpected emergence of Carlo and the rejuvenation of Chara , it would do wonders to add a good defenseman . Many expected the D to suck ( myself included) and adding 1 defenseman to a horrible back end wouldn't make a difference but I don't think that is the case now.

That won't happen because Morrow is a left shot and Miller a right shot. Morrow should play instead of Liles.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
That won't happen because Morrow is a left shot and Miller a right shot. Morrow should play instead of Liles.

All 3 of Liles, Colin, and Morrow have been good. I don't have any issue with them as 3rd pairing guys on this team. None are big point producers but all 3 can defend half decent and move the puck well.

Running a line-up with both Kevan and McQuaid however, I take issue with. I only see room for one or the other.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
All 3 of Liles, Colin, and Morrow have been good. I don't have any issue with them as 3rd pairing guys on this team. None are big point producers but all 3 can defend half decent and move the puck well.

Running a line-up with both Kevan and McQuaid however, I take issue with. I only see room for one or the other.
Do you like Krug and McQuaid as the second pair ?

jdz

May 22, 2013
How many years do you guys think before Mcavoy is ready??

Lauzon??

They could be more adequate partners for Krug.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I actually believe that Kevan Miller will help in this respect.

I think so to. Still, if Colin is the odd man out, then I'd like to see a decision made on Kevan and McQuaid, send one packing (I prefer to keep Kevan), and bring in a more well-rounded D-man to partner with Krug.

Kevan should make a better fit with Krug than McQuaid, but at the same time

1st half 15-16 McQuaid > 1st half 15-16 Kevan

2nd half 15-16 Kevan > 2nd half 15-16 McQuaid

So we'll see who outperforms who when they are inevitably both in the line-up.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Lauzon??

I wouldn`t be one bit shocked if there`s a McAvoy sighting in Boston next year, I`m not one who`s thinks Lauzon will be ready next year, think he`ll be in Providence for a year or so which is fine

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Not sure if posted before but a nice story about the relationship between Chara and Carlo.

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/zdeno-chara-and-brandon-carlo-make-a-unique-pair/c-283693394

I love how this article restates the policies Chara put in as Captain: Nobody is called "rookie", no hazings, no treating new guys different, etc. There have been articles about it before, but for anyone questioning his leadership or what Big Z means to the room, there it is in black and white.

And I am one who is glad to see Z looking like he's found the fountain of youth. I know it pisses off his detractors, but it looks like he worked hard this offseason to improve his foot speed and quickness. Seems the reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated. Carlo is one lucky guy to have him as partner and mentor.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I love how this article restates the policies Chara put in as Captain: Nobody is called "rookie", no hazings, no treating new guys different, etc. There have been articles about it before, but for anyone questioning his leadership or what Big Z means to the room, there it is in black and white.

And I am one who is glad to see Z looking like he's found the fountain of youth. I know it pisses off his detractors, but it looks like he worked hard this offseason to improve his foot speed and quickness. Seems the reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated. Carlo is one lucky guy to have him as partner and mentor.

He was absolutely declining and now he's playing well with a surprise partner and more rest. According to Neely,he dedicated his offseason to footspeed and footwork. He's 26th in minutes,73rd in points and 3rd in +- among defensemen. He's been a pleasant surprise.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Lauzon??

I think McAvoy will get a good look next year. Depends on if he's willing to leave college, even though an NHL job wouldn't be guaranteed. Would get a long look in camp, maybe start in the AHL, but get a few callups. Depends on how well he plays, as we've seen this year Carlo has taken his spot by the horns and has pretty much secured himself on the roster. McAvoy would likely be put in a similar "prove it" position. Really depends if they feel he's ready for the NHL.

Not sure how far off Lauzon is. Probably a year or two in the AHL at least, but I thought the same about Carlo.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
We're coming up to around the 1st quarter of the season and Carlo is 43rd among all skaters for ToI and leads all rookies beating out Werenski by about 30 seconds. This is with getting 0 time on the PP, not saying that he should be playing on the PP.

He is averaging 3:30~ in SH ToI to put him 6th among the entire NHL, Chara leads the league with 3:59/game. He has 40~ seconds on the next rookie in Hyman adn over 1 minute on the next defenseman who is Provorov.

Not a bad start to his NHL career.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think so to. Still, if Colin is the odd man out, then I'd like to see a decision made on Kevan and McQuaid, send one packing (I prefer to keep Kevan), and bring in a more well-rounded D-man to partner with Krug.

Kevan should make a better fit with Krug than McQuaid, but at the same time

1st half 15-16 McQuaid > 1st half 15-16 Kevan

2nd half 15-16 Kevan > 2nd half 15-16 McQuaid

So we'll see who outperforms who when they are inevitably both in the line-up.

The Krug/KMiller pair actually has a good track record. In the 14/15 they played a lot together before Miler was hurt. Tandem was a high plus/minus.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Lauzon??

Maybe next year (along with Zboril) . Mcavoy obviously is a special talent, but is he ready to play solid D at the nhl level? Will he be strong enough? Not every young player is Carlo and is more like Morgan Reilly (needs about 2-3 seasons)

Lauzon i think is more like a Joe Morrow and won't be ready for a while. Has 2 way ability, skates well, knows how to play but doesn't have the highest hockey iq (from scouting reports). Needs to strengthen up body.

Lindgren is another D to keep an eye out for. Not flashy but a smooth two way D. Good hockey IQ. In the mold of Ryan Murray , Ryan Suter (weak man version)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Maybe next year (along with Zboril) . Mcavoy obviously is a special talent, but is he ready to play solid D at the nhl level? Will he be strong enough? Not every young player is Carlo and is more like Morgan Reilly (needs about 2-3 seasons)

Lauzon i think is more like a Joe Morrow and won't be ready for a while. Has 2 way ability, skates well, knows how to play but doesn't have the highest hockey iq (from scouting reports). Needs to strengthen up body.

Lindgren is another D to keep an eye out for. Not flashy but a smooth two way D. Good hockey IQ. In the mold of Ryan Murray , Ryan Suter (weak man version)

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._prospects_in_boston_university_stars_charlie

coach Quinn believes he`ll be ready

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Carlo is such a pleasant surprise.

But don't worry, as soon as he makes his first mistake Clode will bench him. (right?)

Carlo has like 5 chances to make mistakes before he is benched. Thats how good he has been

Last night when the goal was scored, the last person to blame was Carlo

Carlo and Z = twin tower shutdown D duo

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
i hope so. 2015-2016 nhl drafts are looking more and more like a gift from the hockey gods

this organization went from literally table scraps to a potential buffet of legit NHL players, alot has to happen for it all to work out, there will be some who we think will make it who don`t but the fact is, based solely on volume of solid prospects, chances are we are going to be in for quite the fun ride in the very near future

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm very surprised how good a skater Carlo is and I thought he'd be good - he skates like he's 6'.

If you could take 7 years off Chara and give it to Carlo I think you would be looking at the gold medal of all-time shut down pairings - at least since the league went from 6 to 12 teams.

Chara can spend more energy and time worrying about his own game than covering up for his partner

It's only been 18 games but this is a match made in hockey heaven

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i hope so. 2015-2016 nhl drafts are looking more and more like a gift from the hockey gods

Pastrnak
Donato
Heinen
Bjork
Johansson

No second rounder - this if they sign Bjork is the gift

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Pastrnak
Donato
Heinen
Bjork
Johansson

No second rounder - this if they sign Bjork is the gift

wonder out loud where the B`s prospect pool ranks/rates from the "experts" out there?

I know MLB ranks organizations prospects but is there a site where this is done for the NHL ? I`d be interested to read where the B`s rank

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
It may not be he only reason, but I think a big reason you don't give a guy like Shattenkirk the inflated UFA contract he's looking for is because of how the right side is shaping up. I firmly believe Macavoy will be at least a top four D man in the NHL, and Carlo is already there. Does adding Shatty at 7x7 make sense given the current state of the team? I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad