Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 5

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Someone posted a leak of what it looks on Facebook I'd post it if allowed/interested. I really dig it.
It's the black jersey with the shoulder patch as the main chest logo right?

I find it interesting they linked the 3rd jersey to the cup wins, including 2004. The third jersey leak I saw a month or two ago doesn't really reflect that of cup jerseys or anything. I'd die for the 04 to be the main jerseys again

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's the black jersey with the shoulder patch as the main chest logo right?

I find it interesting they linked the 3rd jersey to the cup wins, including 2004. The third jersey leak I saw a month or two ago doesn't really reflect that of cup jerseys or anything. I'd die for the 04 to be the main jerseys again
Yeah the ones we have seen so far for this year are terribly underwhelming. At this point the Lightning are toying with us if they don't do the 2004's. I think the best we ever got were warmup jerseys

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Ill never understand releasing a jersey so late into the season... it seems like every time a new alternate comes up, we dont see anything until 2 months left in the season
I wonder if it's adidas fault? It's stupid to call these third jerseys when we never wear them. As much as I disliked some of the old ones it was still cool to see them regularly throughout the season instead of this blink and you miss it crap.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
gumLfHE.png

Little tease at the top left of the Lightning's website.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That logo is different than the leak. I think I prefer the middle just black rather than filled in with white, or yeah just put silver in it

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That logo is different than the leak. I think I prefer the middle just black rather than filled in with white, or yeah just put silver in it
Imagine 2004's with our current logo but it has that same gray/white shimmer as the Espisito logo and that almost purple looking outline. And on white jerseys it's jet black. I would be so excited that my next conversation would be with St. Peter at the pearly gates.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
The leaked jersey having black strings is very interesting bc I doubt many teams use black strings also every color on the jersey resembles what they wore during the final game of there stanley cup runs. I still hope it's not as scarce like the reverse retro we got that was insane how literally couldn't buy anything after was revealed.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
My wife got me a brand new Hedman home jersey for Christmas. Until that point, I never realized that the blue in the logo turns black at different angles.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
With the numbers they look a lot better. Still not as good as a true black retro but oh well

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Really like them. I went to tampabaysports.com to buy one, $279.99...ouch.

Vasi's new helmet/pads with the new uniform looks awesome.

Although, it kind of sucks to switch his gear all up after he's been playing decent.

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kind of missing the white shoulders from the original jersey, which not a lot of designs have.

Interesting to see the Lightning take a small step to move away from the faux classic which became the look of two championship teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad