Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bolts Bits: Lightning Fan Fest
Lightning owner Jeff Vinik said he thinks Tampa Bay is close to hosting its first outdoor game, something he's been pushing the NHL for from the moment he took over the franchise. The climate for an outdoor game in Tampa is not ideal but not a deal breaker either. Vinik stated that during the mid-February timeframe when the Lightning would hold an outdoor game, there is a "90 to 95 percent chance" the weather would cooperate. Rain would obviously be a hindrance, but it rarely rains in Tampa at that time of year. Also, a high humidity day could wreak havoc on the ice, but, again, those days are don't come along often in February.

Additionally, the game could be scheduled on a Saturday, and if the weather wasn't ideal that day, it could be pushed back to Sunday. Vinik seemed to think, logistically, the game can happen, and he thinks the NHL is coming around to the idea it could happen too.
Vinik also updated the crowd on the progress of Water Street Tampa, saying the currently under construction USF Health Morsani College of Medicine and Heart Institute building should have a topping-off ceremony in one to two months. Vinik expects to see a number of new buildings break ground in the near future.

"We'll basically see a new building breaking ground every quarter for the next four to six quarters," he said.
He also asked fans to remain patient with parking and routes to and from AMALIE Arena for the next two years while construction continues.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
They want to make it the most epic jersey reveal ever and first time wear them on the game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Would be cool if a team was allowed to do something like that actually. Team clinches playoffs and is allowed to wear third jerseys then

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate said that they were going to release the Jersey but then Winnipeg released theirs and it was too similar so they decided to go back to the drawing board.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate said that they were going to release the Jersey but then Winnipeg released theirs and it was too similar so they decided to go back to the drawing board.
You know one of my first thoughts was that they decided that they didn't like the jersey they went with so now they are stalling and trying to come up with something new. Your fathers's brothers's nephew's cousin's former roommate might not be too far off. :laugh:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I find out seemingly most times about huge rap/hip-hop artists only when they die.

Media is getting so fragmented now, especially music, that it's more the new way of things than a sign of being old.
Yeah it's pretty funny to see Twitter and Facebook freaking out about one of those guys dying and I'm just like... who?

I have no idea who this guy is either.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I listened to 'ATM' since it seems to be his highest charting song, (it has naughty language so no embed) but he seemed all about Canada in that song.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Could this actually be a tease for a third jersey unveil this week????

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad