WWE: Brand Extension Returns

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
From the link...

And the company is expected to create strong points of differentiation between “Smackdown†and USA’s other live program, “Monday Night Raw,†according to the WWE. A draft will be held before the “Smackdown†launch date to determine which wrestlers on the company’s talent roster will be assigned to which program. Each show is expected to feature separate cast, plots and writing teams.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
With 5 hours of wrestling, 5 of the same cast is way too much. I think it's a step in the right direction. Let the more established guys or people great on the mic (KO, Miz, New Day, Cena, Y2J, Ambrose) and put the likes of Zain, Cesaro, Ziggler, Neville, Bo Dallas, Rusev on SD.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Really curious to see how this pans out. Will the World Champ be on both shows? What about the tag titles? Not sure if they have enough credible tag teams to have a Raw/Smackdown division. Well unless they empty NXT entirely

Oct 18, 2011
pls do not turn it into Raw jr, it should be the opposite of raw and be presented much more like nxt. if the set is the same and if it's written like raw it will fail

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Really curious to see how this pans out. Will the World Champ be on both shows? What about the tag titles? Not sure if they have enough credible tag teams to have a Raw/Smackdown division. Well unless they empty NXT entirely
I dont agree they have enough teams to make it work. But yeah I'd assume the tag Champs would wrestle on both shows. I'm glad exclusive PPVs are back.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It would be great if HHH gets to be in charge of SD.
This is what I've bene wanting. Let Vince do his thing on Raw, and give Smackdown to HHH.

But I really don't like roster splits. I don't want to be in a situation where my guys will never face each other as they're on the wrong shows. I'd be much happier if Raw was the "story show", and Smackdown was more "wrestling focused"; just let people switch freely between shows when needed for a storylines.

But we'll see. It's possible that they won't mess this all up. We know they've got the talent to do it, just a case of if they've got the writers to do it...

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
This is what I've bene wanting. Let Vince do his thing on Raw, and give Smackdown to HHH.

But I really don't like roster splits. I don't want to be in a situation where my guys will never face each other as they're on the wrong shows. I'd be much happier if Raw was the "story show", and Smackdown was more "wrestling focused"; just let people switch freely between shows when needed for a storylines.

But we'll see. It's possible that they won't mess this all up. We know they've got the talent to do it, just a case of if they've got the writers to do it...
I don't know. I find it keeps things fresh. You can do match ups like that for WM or king of the ring.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
NXT doesn't really have tag teams. There's just Jordan and Gable, Revival, Hype Bros. Spoiler will debut tonight, but that's it now Blake and Murphy are done.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Once all the releases happened, I thought the split was scrapped. Sure would be nice to see the likes of Sandow and Rhodes on the roster now and given some face time.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
To start, give each roster a NXT male, a NXT female and a NXT tag team.

Raw drafts Samoa Joe, Bailey and American Alpha

SD drafts Balor, Asuka and The Revival.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Any chance Owens, Zayn, Cesaro and Rollins all end up on Raw? I doubt it, but they're the only four I care about, and I doubt I'd watch much Smackdown...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
do not do this

definitely do not do raw and smackdown ppv's

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm intrigued...

I feel like Smackdown will get the shaft or Raw is going to be even more of a drag to watch, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad