Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Its always been like that lol
And it needs to change, quick. It was cute a few years ago. Kinda grating now after all the losing and failed progression - I'm sure the new upper management team would agree with me.

At least it looks like he'll be participating in his first World's Men's Championship this year instead of cheering on his brother's playoff team like usual. A step in the right direction. The change needs to start with him.

Reactions: bicboi64

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Also could someone direct me to a good video/angle of Tkachhuk tossing that guy into the bench in the NJD game last weekend? I was sitting 10 feet away and it was one of the greatest hockey moments I've seen live. All the highlight packages seem to skip over it for some reason.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I looked at some box scores and saw that
Zdeno Chara had 17 in a regular season game (11/3/99).
And Brenden Morrow had 19 in a playoff game (5/4/08).
NHL didn’t start counting hits until 05/06, so who counted Chara’s hits the coach.
So Chara doesn’t count obviously,
Morrow was a playoff game, even though couldn’t find it with google.
So ya Brady does have the NHL regular season record.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
NHL didn’t start counting hits until 05/06, so who counted Chara’s hits the coach.
So Chara doesn’t count obviously,
Morrow was a playoff game, even though couldn’t find it with google.
So ya Brady does have the NHL regular season record.
They actually officially started counting hits in 97, but for some reason nothing prior to 05/06 gets included in the database or records. You can go to the game logs on NHL.com for older games and see the totals from 97-05,

It might have something to do with the completeness of the data, perhaps some teams weren't counting them during that period while others did? so you can't have a "record" if not all the games were counted? I honestly don't know why they cut off at 05.

Chara

Morrow

Reactions: Jocke1

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Brady might be playing the best hockey of his career right now. It's a shame that we are unable to build a team around him to take advantage of it.

And yes, count me amongst those who believe he absolutely needs to go over to the Worlds - it will help his overall development as a player and leader. I have zero need to see him slamming beers and watching his brother in the playoffs - that ship has sailed. This goes for every guy on the team in that I don't want to see their photos on Instagram of their parties at the cottage or trips to Europe. I want to see them running hills at 6 am with Gary Roberts barking in their ear...

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
If Brady can get better defensively he's going to be our Shane Doan.

Brady is already in a trajectory to be better than Doan. He is meaner than Doan, more of an asshole if you know what I mean. A better goal scorer and passer. Brady may have a few 40+ goal seasons in him.

If Brady gets better defensively, he is a unicorn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jocke1 and aragorn

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He doesn’t have to improve in any way and he’s already one of the best players this franchise has seen.
But I believe he’s committed to improve and so expect him to get better in every way. Look out.

I wonder where he'll end up compared to guys like Spezza, Heatley, Alfie, Karlsson, Chara, Hossa.

Probably more on the Stone trajectory at this point.

Hopefully he becomes in that next tier it would help this team a lot.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Brady has the potential to be the best player in this team's modern history. He can score with the best of them, he has become a very good passer & playmaker, he hits, he fights, he intimidates, he creates space for his linemates, he wins board battles, he draws penalties, he takes faceoffs, he is becoming the premier powerforward in front of the net, he screens goalies, he antagonizes goalies/players, he leads by example & with emotion on & off the ice, he takes players off their game & has several GWG. The guy does it all more than anyone else I can remember, a little bit of everything, a unicorn.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
IMO Brady has the potential to be the best player in this team's modern history.
Agree.
Oh I got my like button back. Could have just done that.
Didn’t realize the butt hurt leaf fan moderator had finally forgiven me.

Reactions: aragorn

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I wonder where he'll end up compared to guys like Spezza, Heatley, Alfie, Karlsson, Chara, Hossa.

Probably more on the Stone trajectory at this point.

Hopefully he becomes in that next tier it would help this team a lot.
IMO probably on the Alfie level if he stays here, those other guys are tier below.

Reactions: aragorn

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I love what brady brings. He's remarkably effective despite not really being elite at one particular aspect of the game. He just wins. I'd love to see him develop a better defensive game, but he's earning his dollars and impacting games even without that.

I don't think he's as good as Stone but it's a valid discussion. I'd be curious if people would make that trade.

If he rounds out his game, look out.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Honestly hated this. It was such an unnecessary tantrum. Forget that Hischier got a penalty, the dude was almost skating away from the net as he barely guided the puck into the net. Hischier wasn't even trying to troll us the way Greig did to the Laffs.

We're two dogshit teams that were caved by bad goaltending, let it go. It's not a hit on one of our star players or anything. Brady has record setting night for hits, but blows his top off in a way that would be more useful against a team like Florida, Boston, etc., where we're being utterly ragdolled.

Showing this type of emotion in a game that's so meaningless is frustrating. Pick and choose when to use that energy, that's what we need in a leader.
Hischier knew what he was doing. 31 other teams react the same.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I love what brady brings. He's remarkably effective despite not really being elite at one particular aspect of the game. He just wins. I'd love to see him develop a better defensive game, but he's earning his dollars and impacting games even without that.

I don't think he's as good as Stone but it's a valid discussion. I'd be curious if people would make that trade.

If he rounds out his game, look out.
Brady is elite at several aspects of the game, most of them involve things like net front positioning, winning board battles, making plays with two three guys draped on him. That kind of stuff.

We’ve all seen him fend off a bunch of opposing players on his own behind the net only to gain control and make a play to an open player.

He has elite talent in my opinion.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Brady is elite at several aspects of the game, most of them involve things like net front positioning, winning board battles, making plays with two three guys draped on him. That kind of stuff.

We’ve all seen him fend off a bunch of opposing players on his own behind the net only to gain control and make a play to an open player.

He has elite talent in my opinion.
Yeah, fair enough. He's definitely a monster in those areas of the game.

I was a big doubter of his when he inked his deal, but man does he know how to win. He just wills himself to do it.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Some people on here are ridiculous. By the end of their 24 year old season:

Mark Stone 78G 112A
Brady Tkachuk 162G 178A

Stone was on his way to being a tier 2 Selke candidate while Brady is on his way to being 500G 1200P player.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Some people on here are ridiculous. By the end of their 24 year old season:

Mark Stone 78G 112A
Brady Tkachuk 162G 178A

Stone was on his way to being a tier 2 Selke candidate while Brady is on his way to being 500G 1200P player.
500g, 1200p player? My guy, chill.

Brady has never scored 40g and is putting up numbers in some of the highest-scoring years the league has seen. Stone coming into the league and being healthy would be outscoring Brady and not a defensive liability.

Do you not remember how clutch Stone was in the 20-14-15 season (his first full year with the Sens)? It wasn't just Hammond and EK carrying us, Stone was performing at a PPG Hart level in the second half of the season and had a Calder nomination. In his first season, Brady looked somewhat serviceable in both ends of the ice because he was on Stone's line. Meanwhile our captain has tantrums that so many mistake for passion because we're used to such mediocrity.

If Brady had the leadership or hockey IQ of Stone, our leadership would be so much better. 500g player lol.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
500g, 1200p player? My guy, chill.

Brady has never scored 40g and is putting up numbers in some of the highest-scoring years the league has seen. Stone coming into the league and being healthy would be outscoring Brady and not a defensive liability.

Do you not remember how clutch Stone was in the 20-14-15 season (his first full year with the Sens)? It wasn't just Hammond and EK carrying us, Stone was performing at a PPG Hart level in the second half of the season and had a Calder nomination. In his first season, Brady looked somewhat serviceable in both ends of the ice because he was on Stone's line. Meanwhile our captain has tantrums that so many mistake for passion because we're used to such mediocrity.

If Brady had the leadership or hockey IQ of Stone, our leadership would be so much better. 500g player lol.
I’m calling it 500G 1200P. Book it.

I’m not diminishing Stone in any way, I love the player, but Brady is so under appreciated on here because Dorion can’t build a roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad