Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This top line is starting to look like they could be one of the best lines in the NHL, they have been that good recently & should only get better considering their age.

I also really liked the 2nd line tonight of Formenton, Stutzle & C. Brown against Florida. They have a ton of speed, some very good skill & a little size & grit. If they can start to play really good hockey consistently, they will be the secondary scoring that would really help this team become much more consistent.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I mean they were all pretty bad. You don't seem to have the ability to project out on this type of player. Maybe you can learn from this? Big guys take longer, longer development curve. Felt you always sold his hockey iq short. Hockey iq isn't always displayed the same way. He goes to the right spots in the offensive zone and has good vision with short passes.

Jack Hughes for example will not take the middle of the ice if there is any resistance. Maybe it's because he knows that his body won't be able to handle the physicality, maybe it's because he is scared? I am not sure but his peak abilities due to his size and skillset aren't far off. He is going to have to get alot stronger to have success in this league. I personally am skeptical. His brother Quinn doesn't play that way and they have similar body types. I'd be real worried if I'm a jersey fan. His talent and skill is easy to identify as he is naturally gifted but I don't like what I've seen from his game. Where im a huge Quinn Hughes fan. Doesn't mean Jack can't change but he is going to have to.

No you said he was low skill, bad defensively 2nd line guy. Then talked about your ability to project players due to their skating.

This is good advice.

I wasn't talking about Jack just Quinn.

I said Brady could be a 60 point forward who can hit 70+ if he plays on a line with a better talent. Is that such an awful take? What do you disagree about with that assessment? I mean even now its looking pretty spot on as Brady is putting up that pace while playing with a supernova Batherson. And nothing to take away from Brady who is playing at a top line level but it is clear that Drake is the one who stirs the drink on the top line.

and I mean how is saying a player can hit 60/70+ points saying he has bad hockey sense or low skill? I'd say it's near impossible to put up 60+ points with bad hockey sense in the NHL.

As for calling him a 2nd liner, that's what he has been for the last 3 years, 50 point pace and yes he was bad defensively too. However lately he's been a + player defensively and making much better reads. So am I lying now or was I lying before? Because clearly there is a difference in his play.

If someone called Stutzle a second liner right now but he becomes a 1st liner next year are you going to call the person who said he was a 2nd liner this year wrong? That makes no sense.

I project players based on their hockey sense. When they are good skaters it just makes it easier to be confident in them.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I said Brady could be a 60 point forward who can hit 70+ if he plays on a line with a better talent. Is that such an awful take? What do you disagree about with that assessment? I mean even now its looking pretty spot on as Brady is putting up that pace while playing with a supernova Batherson. And nothing to take away from Brady who is playing at a top line level but it is clear that Drake is the one who stirs the drink on the top line.

and I mean how is saying a player can hit 60/70+ points saying he has bad hockey sense or low skill? I'd say it's near impossible to put up 60+ points with bad hockey sense in the NHL.

As for calling him a 2nd liner, that's what he has been for the last 3 years, 50 point pace and yes he was bad defensively too. However lately he's been a + player defensively and making much better reads. So am I lying now or was I lying before? Because clearly there is a difference in his play.

If someone called Stutzle a second liner right now but he becomes a 1st liner next year are you going to call the person who said he was a 2nd liner this year wrong? That makes no sense.

I project players based on their hockey sense. When they are good skaters it just makes it easier to be confident in them.

Yikes dawg.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I always thought of him as a 30-30 physical beast with a few ~70pts season.

so far with his line looks like he could do even better. Playing very good for a guy that missed camp.

Batherson is so solid too. Saw a lot of him in the Q as he played with a friend and he has always been a late bloomer

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

You said what you said. Next time he slumps you pull your knives back out.

Reactions: DJB and coladin

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

I don’t think Batherson stirs the drink. It’s just one of those lines where the chemistry is perfect and all three players compliment each other immensely. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts — playing together is making all of them better, as good as they are individually.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You said what you said. Next time he slumps you pull your knives back out.

that's the hilarious part of it all. As soon as Brady has a slump he'll bash him incessantly again and ignore these recent posts where he's trying to save face. What a joke.

Reactions: DJB

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I like the name for the first line "Frank and the Tanks", very good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: when these guys decided to play defence, the team has bounced back. There is a clear commitment to playing defence, and it is most evident in Norris, next in Tkachuk and then Batherson. They have figured out that good defence creates offence.

Anyone else think that Brady should be out there on the 5 on 3 to win that faceoff?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Could be some nice avatar material here. Might be a little big lol
FGq4yegX0AUwLWN

Last edited:
Reactions: Yak

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The arrogance and lack of humility shows no bounds. No point in responding. I could dig up alot of posts that say otherwise. Love how he is spinning his production on Batherson. Just pathetic.

even with me directly saying that Brady is playing great and fully at a 1st line level. It becomes me shitting on Brady because I said Drake is playing the best on that line. Unbelievable.

It's like you guys see any critique of Brady and all you guys see is red. Feels like I'm writing in another language because of all the false things attributed to me. 3rd liner, low skill, can't get better etc, like what?

It's one thing to be called out on things you said but another to be called out on things you never claimed. Just dishonest. But I guess who cares about facts when you can make things up. And now being called arrogant and lacking in humility because I dare defend myself on made up things?

If this thread was meant to be a circle jerk instead of discussing the players positives and negatives my bad.

I don't know what it is about Brady threads but I remember having great discussions here about Spezza, Heatley, Karlsson, Turris, Stone etc. People would talk objectively about their viewpoints, disagree and agree, talk about the positives and the negatives.

None of that is allowed in these threads. Pure tribalism.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
even with me directly saying that Brady is playing great and fully at a 1st line level. It becomes me shitting on Brady because I said Drake is playing the best on that line. Unbelievable.

It's like you guys see any critique of Brady and all you guys see is red. Feels like I'm writing in another language because of all the false things attributed to me. 3rd liner, low skill, can't get better etc, like what?

It's one thing to be called out on things you said but another to be called out on things you never claimed. Just dishonest. But I guess who cares about facts when you can make things up. And now being called arrogant and lacking in humility because I dare defend myself on made up things?

If this thread was meant to be a circle jerk instead of discussing the players positives and negatives my bad.

I don't know what it is about Brady threads but I remember having great discussions here about Spezza, Heatley, Karlsson, Turris, Stone etc. People would talk objectively about their viewpoints, disagree and agree, talk about the positives and the negatives.

None of that is allowed in these threads. Pure tribalism.

Agent, I think the reason you’re getting backlash is because it’s some payback for the months of Brady bashing that you engaged in all summer and to start the season. Sometimes you have to accept redress for some past behaviour that you subjected the board to.

It’s great that you’re changing your tune these days (somewhat), and there are folks rewarding you for it as well, but you shouldn’t exactly expect all your past posts to be so easily forgotten. Much of what you wrote endlessly was just as wrong then as it is now, and you haven’t exactly been admitting to being wrong.

To be honest, you’ve been playing the ‘surprised at the push back’ role for a long time, and many posters have spend many posts responding to you both civilly and angrily. You have well earned the accusations of trolling because you haven’t actually been interested in discussion about Brady, more so you have sought many different ways and people to use to convey your very same point over and over again.

That’s how it’s comes across here I believe. It’s never been ‘poor Agent Zub just wants to have a great objective conversation about Brady’, it’s more like ‘Agent Zub will troll anyone who says positive things about Brady at every chance he gets’.

You didn’t have the worst hot takes by any means, but you were the most dogged in posting them repeatedly.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I would convert Tkachuk to be a centre. And we would have almost like Malkin - Crosby combination.

Reactions: Yak

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Im definitely not here to say I told you so and gloat, because we all are winners at the end of the day as Sens fans.

Is what I wish I could say. Or rather all that I had to say.......

But there are some embarrassing posts here in the last couple pages. Oh boy...

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I have noticed some of the best posters here rarely if ever post in Brady threads.

I'm starting to see why.

So I guess there could technically be a direct correlation to draw from that with how frequently we find you posting in here then, right?

:naughty:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
So I guess there could technically be a direct correlation to draw from that with how frequently we find you posting in here then, right?

:naughty:

lol plausible, I agree I have been rather abrasive.

but equally plausible they noped out after seeing the vitriol i got for saying Brady will be a 60 pt player who can hit 70 in peak seasons, or that perhaps we should wait for Brady to actually have an elite season (even just an elite run of play) before making him the highest paid Senator in franchise history. Even though I'm sure those were the viewpoints of the majority here.

anyway i will stop posting in Brady threads. not worth people putting words in your mouth as "payback".

Last edited:
Reactions: ATdaisuki

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

but equally plausible they noped out after seeing the vitriol i got for saying Brady will be a 60 pt player who can hit 70 in peak seasons, or that perhaps we should wait for Brady to actually have an elite season (even just an elite run of play) before making him the highest paid Senator in franchise history. Even though I'm sure those were the viewpoints of the majority here.

anyway i will stop posting in Brady threads. not worth people putting words in your mouth as "backlash".

LMAO you ain't stopping posting in Brady threads bud.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

anyway i will stop posting in Brady threads. not worth people putting words in your mouth as "payback".

Nobody is putting words in your mouth, but nobody really feels like embarrassing you by going back and quoting a bunch of posts you made that you seem to be forgetting having made them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad